Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,789 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Seen nothing cept a little TV since my DvD player died last week. IM anxiously awaiting the replacement to arrive HOPEFULLY sometime tomorrow. TV is bad as it is and VERY boring--I NEEEEEEED my DvDs :lol;:lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Star Trek Into Darkness" (2013)
    -Chris Pine

Plot:
    After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction

Phantom's Review: I loved it. I've been a Trek fan since the sixties, so I'm no newbie fan boy, and I thought this film was a blast. Great FX, fine performances, and an interesting plot (loosely based on a classic series Episode). A very entertaining film.

"Iron Man Three" (2013)
    -Robert Downey Jr

Plot: IMDB
    When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

Phantom's Review: I enjoyed it. I still think the original film is the best, but I found this film to be very entertaining. Good FX and action with some fine performances.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Still watching: "Robin Hood Robin Hood, riding through the glen, Robin Hood Robin Hood, with his merry men, feared by the bad, loved by the good, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood. He called the greatest Archers to a Tavern on the green"----da da da da da...................

• In celebrating what would be Duke's 106 birthday, TCM is showing his war movies all day, and I just finished watching The Sea Chase with Lana Turner Hayworth. A well done movie with plenty of action and adventure. More to come. Happy Birthday, Duke. We love you and miss you dearly. Thanks for the movies to continue to remember.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane: Wrong actress ().

• Back to Bataan with Anthony Quinn and Beulah Bondi. WOW! What a great slate of movies today on TCM. Another John Wayne classic.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ditto, just watched most fo Back To Bataan and They Were Expendable and also a few season 3 eps of: The Adventures of Robin Hood. Battle of the Bulge is supposed to be on either tonight or tomorrow-I love that movie. I HOPE--they dont play garbage like: inglorious bastards, platoon and apocalypse now. I loathe those wastes of time and celluloid.

• They Were Expendable with Robert Montgomery, Donna Reed and Ward Bond. TCM is doing it right with Duke. Keep it coming. Happy Birthday, Duke.

- John Wayne quote

• The Green Berets with David Janssen, Jim Hutton and Aldo Ray. Another classic with so much controversy. But the Vietnam was such an animal. Duke believed in the soldiers, not the war, and that was what it was all about. I really like this movie. Another home run with me from TCM.

- John Wayne quote