Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,363,333 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Smart feller you are Gareth. Hoffa was a much more complicated and interesting man than that portrayed. Not saying he was an angel by any means, LOL. When he visited my guy, Gibbons, at his house in St. Louis, he used to make Gibbons have push up contests with him. Just as Jimmy was beginning to get tired, Anne, Gibbons wife, would lie down on top of her husband, and Gibbons wouldn't even slow down. Jimmy was quite adept at one hand push ups though, LOL! KP

Hoffa with Jack Nicholson and Danny De Vito interesting enough and I liked it but it really didn't have alot of depth to it considering Hoffa's rich life story. Liked the scenes with RFK best

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Great story Keith I find Hoffa very interesting especially given his disappearance and the polarizing opinions people have of him. In a similar vein tonight I watched The Untouchables another story which doesn't stick to the history. Costner was fine as the straight character Ness but it was Connery who really stole the show despite his terrible accent. DeNiro was an interesting choice for Capone but I think Bob Hoskins would have been the better choice, Morricone provided a great score. I don't know what it was about both Hoffa and The Untouchables but given their casts, subject matter and the people behind them they both should have been great movies but both really fell short despite being both watchable and entertaining.

• Great story Keith I find Hoffa very interesting especially given his disappearance and the polarizing opinions people have of him. In a similar vein tonight I watched The Untouchables another story which doesn't stick to the history. Costner was fine as the straight character Ness but it was Connery who really stole the show despite his terrible accent. DeNiro was an interesting choice for Capone but I think Bob Hoskins would have been the better choice, Morricone provided a great score. I don't know what it was about both Hoffa and The Untouchables but given their casts, subject matter and the people behind them they both should have been great movies but both really fell short despite being both watchable and entertaining.

You Know Irish, I believe there are some people who cannot be adequately portrayed in a movie. Hoffa was one. Haven't seen the New Untouchables yet. Good old Ward was another........absolutely impossible, LOL! Happy Thanksgiving, Kiddo! KEITH

• Judgement at Nuremberg- A great movie even for three + hours long. Many fine actors, they shine like old friends. The final message was very good to the Judge
    Character played by Burt Lancaster. Burt says: "I didn't know it would go this far." Sentencing men to death for being Jewish? Spencer Tracy's character says:
    " It went this far when you sentenced the first man to death." All of these words are from memory and may be slightly wrong.
    Robert Osborne from TBN said, all the actors had to be in the courtroom all the time while filming, even if they didn't have lines that day.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().

• I found Idol of the Crowds at WalMart one day for $3. Wasn't a bad movie considering it was one of Duke's early ones. Mine was Conflict...boxing, lumberjack movie with Duke and Ward. Always enjoy watching it. KEITH

No Way Out Alain Delon gangster movie

Idol of the Crowds Duke on ice

• Forgot watched Battle of the Bulge in Blue Ray. Great. I will have to read the book. Just can't believe all of that actually happened! Also What a Wonderful Time of the Year. Andy sang the theme song which became very popular. Henry Winkler was a retired cop but was more like "Fonzie" than most any other movie I have seen him in.,.......good addition to Christmas movie menu! For those with Grandkids,.......get it........$3 at the Dollar Store, YEP. KEITH

• Saw Gangster Squad and liked it-hokey and nothing accurate really in it (except maybe the "Hat Squad" and some character names), Where Eagles Dare for the upteenth time, some episodes of Bar Rescue-kinda enjoy those "save your business"-type shows.