Bullets

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,027 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I need to know why the Duke has long rifle bullets in his gunbelt. Sometimes he
    has one and then 3 or 4. Why?

• Hi doug higgs

First of all let me welcome you to the best
    John Wayne Message board on the net.
    I'm afraid I can't help you with your question,
    but I'm sure if there's a answer, here's the
    place to get it, as we have some very knowledgeable
    people. I hope you stay a while and join in.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Doug; Welcome aboard!

On the Large Cartridge in Duke's Gun Belt?

One of Duke's Stunt Men in the early days told Duke that Real Cowboys and Men of the old West had one of their Large Rifle Cartridges in the back of their Gun belt so they would know by feel when they had used all the of the Cartridges on the one side. :o And they should start Reloading their Pistol from the other side of the Gun belt, and they had used 1/2 of their Pistol Ammo !! :o So John Wayne did it also. :rolleyes:

The first Large Rifle Cartridge that Duke used in the Back of His Gun belt was a 45-70. This was a .45 Caliber Bullet with 70 Grains of Black Powder in the Cartridge Case that holds Bullet, Primer and the Gun Powder!!!

Chilibill :cowboy:

• Hi Doug,

Wanted to add a welcome from myself to you as well.

As you have already found out we have a wealth of knowledge about the Duke and the west. Hope you stick around and join in on the conversations.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Welcome Doug!

In regards to your question, I had also heard that the Duke used the 45-70 to honor the horse soldier who used the 45-70 in their standard issue carbines.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."