What Senator John Glenn Said:

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,489 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I got this in an email and thought I would share it with the group. Enjoy!

Mark

WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city
    of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.That's just one
    American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war,
    consider the following:

a. FDR led us into World War II.

b. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were
    lost ...
    an average of 112,500 per year.

c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
    North Korea never attacked us . From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ...
    an average of 18,334 per year.

d. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam "conflict" in 1962.Vietnam never
    attacked us.

e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives
    were lost .
    an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never
    attacked us.
    He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and
    did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

g. In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush has liberated
    two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear
    inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and
    captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking. But It took
    less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian
    compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time
    than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
    the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police
    after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in
    Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thank you for sharing that information with us, Mark. President Bush has made his share of mistakes while in office, but what president hasn't. It galls me that the media loves to focus on the bad things happening (not just in Iraq, either). Many of our troops get upset about the lack of coverage of the good things that are being done over there. But the mind set is set on newspaper sales and broadcast ratings and bad stuff is what sells, I suppose :headbonk::headbonk:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• BRAVO!!! Well said both of you.

About a week ago on one of my volunteer days at the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, I happened to be up front (where all the Peons have to pay ;-)) ) and I met a couple who were from Fort Hood. The Gentleman in question and I started talking while his wife was talking to a museum employee. This person just got back from his 2nd tour in Iraq. He and I got to talking quite a bit and both agreed 100% that THE worst thing about the war in Iraq; were the EMBEDDED REPORTERS. As well, this gent also pointed out to everyone's disgust (our military personnel here and in Iraq) that the nightly news stations (i.e.) CNN (Communist News Network) ABC (All 'bout Cash) NBC (Nothing But Cash) and CBS (Cash Before Service) spent more time reporting about the female reporter who was recently hurt in Iraq as well as the two news crew who were killed, than the telling about what our soldiers are going through.

This same gentleman, said that he will be sent back to Iraq in a few months to start his 3rd tour of duty. This person stated that 95% or more of the news that he has seen here being reported from there, has been nothing but negative news reporting. They almost never report about the soccer games between Iraqi civilains and our soldiers. They never (to the best of his memory) never reported that many G.I's passed out candy to the Iraqi children during the last few years especially on Halloween. They never reported the chess matches between the G.I's and the Iraqi civilians.

This person as I am, did feel bad about that female reporter being injured and her crew killed BUT, we both feel that it is more important to see positive stories coming out of Iraq.

Bottom lime: the G.I's and Marines, wish that the powers that be in Washington would get rid of the embedded reporters. Part of this man's reasons for not wanting them along are simply that they get in the way and have been the cause of some of the American casualties in Iraq. Another reason is that these reporters are assigned soldiers as their personal security and not allower to perform in the role that they are there for to begin with. I fully agree with this person I met. I do not recall his name but, I do remember that he was a SSG in a rifle company.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thank you for that information, Carl. This confirms my suspicions that the news people are relegating good news events to the back on the news chain and, instead, they are emphasizing the negative events. 911 brought everyone together, but as time has passed, a lot of the JERKS who have badmouthed the adminstration or the war are letting their own self-interests guide their vocalizing and divisive actions. :angry:
    Cheers - Jay :P

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thanks for that link, may2. Like I said, I got it in an email and it was titled "What John Glenn Said". after reading that blog, I may be going out on a limb here... but I think the author is a die-hard Democrat. :P

Many people may not like our President, but I'm not one of them. He's made mistakes just like ALL the others before him. I'm not politically savvy, but to put it simply, I like the fact that after years of getting ships bombed, Embassies attacked and buildings bombed....we finally got a man in the White House who was not afraid to hit back.

Some will say that getting into this War, we have made ourselves a big target for more Terrorist attacks. More? They been hitting us for years.

I agree that the embedded Media should be pulled out if they are not going to tell the whole story and not just the "bad" stuff. Maybe the public would be a little more understanding.

Well, can someone help me off this soap box? I'm a little winded :dead:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 16 2006, 05:50 PM
    Thank you for that information, Carl. This confirms my suspicions that the news people are relegating good news events to the back on the news chain and, instead, they are emphasizing the negative events. 911 brought everyone together, but as time has passed, a lot of the JERKS who have badmouthed the adminstration or the war are letting their own self-interests guide their vocalizing and divisive actions. :angry:
    Cheers - Jay :P

[snapback]32268[/snapback]

Your quite welcome Jay. And of every military person that I have had the good fortune to meet and chat with - who have had tours in Iraq: "every single one of them feels the same way about the embedded reporters" (aka embedded snitches) as well as feels that we need more "boots" on the ground there to do the job more effectively. My neighbor's 20 yr old son is about to deply to Iraq. This gentlman is now a Corporal in the US Marine Corps. He has also served a year tour at "Gitmo" and has told me that the only thing you hear about that place are anything that can be made to be negative.

As a former State of Texas Correctional Officer, it's easy for me to know exactly where he is coming from on what he has told me. The vast majority of those held there want nothing more than to kill Americans and British civilians and soldiers. To them it makes no problem if children, elderly or handicapped folks get in the way. They (the terrorist homicidal maniacs) have absolutely ZERO value on life except when it suite their political needs. :wacko::angry:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..