Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 847,571 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• just have to teach the wife a tad more about reloading and shooting.

Funny you should say that - just before I went to 'Nam (Aug 66), I bought the wife a 9mm automatic for home defense while I was gone. Took her out to my parents' farm to teach her to shoot. Put up some man-sized targets and much to my surprise, learned that she was a natural-born shooter. In fact, I decided right then I didn't want to get on her bad side. :wink_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just remember Folks. If you shoot at them they are likely to shoot back and they may have bigger guns than you!!

I doubt it - at any rate, your UK ancestors had the American colonists outgunned and we all know what happened in that instance.

• Hi Jim

I think if I had any Scots or Irish ancesters in that war I think they might have been
    well with you lot.

Taking a shot at the enemy and then heading off in the opposite direction has been a proven successful tactic of both tribes of the Irish for many years.

If we could copyright it Im sure you owes us money!.:wink_smile:

Mike

• Some interesting reading concerning the illegal immigration issue. Linda Chavez (supposedly a conservative, but note the surname) attacked other conservatives for opposing the invasion of our country by hordes of illegal Hispanics. In this article, the other conservatives respond.

• No doubt Chester, that's why I keep stocking up on ammo and gun's!! The one with the biggest and most win's, right???

Todd, if you don't have the money to buy more ammo (not that im saying you don't) just do like the hurricane katrina "victims" did in new orleans--vandalize your local Wal-Mart! Oh and, in the process, take a few rifles, TV sets, CD's, lawnchairs, etc as you can.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• What was George Bush doing in those crowds in Albania. I know the guy is not popular in some quarters but he looked awful exposed to assassination.

If it was Tony Blair I would be all for it preferable with Cherie in Baghdad but that's another story.

Mike

• Funny I think he said they can ALL come to Texas now:hyper:

At least they speak English with a funny accent. Very good at selling the papers in the middle of the road and playing the Accordian.

Mike

• Im sure it was only a rumour they were shouting Jeb for 2012:stunned:

Mike

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that it'll be a cold day in hell before I vote for another Bush. The two we've had, and especially the current one, have been unmitigated disasters.

• I know we have had two Adams (Father & Son) , two Roosevelts( Uncle & Nephew), two Bushes (Father & Son) possibly two Clintons (Husband & Wife) so if Jeb ran in 2012 or 2016 and won this would be record of three direct family members.

Of course by 2020 or 2024 Chelsea would be old enough to follow her Ma & Da into the White House.:stunned: :ohmy:

Mike

• Oh God Save Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• During my lifetime, I've lived under 12 presidents (FDR through Bush 2). IMO, Only 4 of 'em were worth a damn. And of the 4, only 1 Democrat.

That's not too good a batting average.

• Down and down they go. Where they'll stop, nobody knows.

I'm really surprised that 62% of GOPers approve of Bush's job performance. But I imagine his overall job approval is gonna fall even lower than 29%, because his obsession with this immigration bill has a whole bunch of people mad, including many who would ordinarily support him.

What's not surprising is that the approval percentage for Congress is even lower than Bush's. I'd like to see the whole damned bunch strung up from lamp posts.

• I'm at the point where it wouldn't bother me a bit to see the Dems impeach and remove this clown from office. This from someone who used to call himself a staunch Republican.

I truly believe he's the worst president during my lifetime, with the possible exception of Peanut Carter.