Did Brian Donlevy originate from Portadown

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,811 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's a little query from you.

Every time the actor Brian Donlevy (Allegheny Uprising Quatermass and many others) popped up on screen my Dad and others have always said he came from Portadown.

Whilst doing a search for Ringo for Allegheny Uprising his IMDB entry says Cleveland Ohio .

Can anyone confirm whether there is a Portadown connection by birth or family to Donlevy

Thanks

Mike

• Can anyone confirm whether there is a Portadown connection by birth or family to Donlevy?

Mike,
    According to the biographical information shown here, Donlevy was born in Portadown County, Ireland, but apparently his family emigrated to the states when he was only 10 months old.

When I was a kid back in the forties and fifties, Brian was always one of my favorite actors. He was never a huge star like our boy John but still, made some good movies.

BTW, you may want to bookmark that allmovie.com site as they often have information that is missing from IMDB.

Jim

De gustibus non est disputandum