Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 344,069 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I may have my head in the sand but I'm just not as pessimistic about the future as these folks. Or maybe it's because I ain't got that many more years left anyway so I don't worry so much about what's going to happen. What will be, will be.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I am with you Stumpy. I liked to be prepared but I also think that eventually the pedulum will be swinging back and people will come together and make thing's right. It just might take awhile!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Some of You People that are in the Know, please Tell Me What is "The European Social Group" is that I see Pop-Up on This Duke Wayne Web-Site ?
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

Chilibill, the European Social Group is a group where we meet for a chat and to discuss things between us European members.

If you want to know more ask ethanedwards,i think he set it up so he will tell you about it :thumbs_up:

luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Stumpy,

I just saw that you are in Northern Texas, where abouts, in the Country or in The Big City ?

Bill

I live in a small rural farming and ranching community, Bill. Population 3200.

It's about like the town where I grew up, so I feel comfortable here (although it took some gettin' used to after living in Dallas for 8 years after I retired from the service. I still get aggravated at some of these yahoos who stop their pickups and horse trailers in the middle of the street to visit, thus blocking traffic. :teeth_smile:)

• Stumpy,
    I spent some time at Paris, Texas in the Good Old Day Flying Jets There !
    :angel:
    And Most of My Old People Came from Texas , The Little River Country and then Del Rio Before coming to Arizona in The Early 1900s
    :wink_smile:
    Bill

• Because of the extreme drought afflicting Texas and Oklahoma, both states are suffering dangerous outbreaks of grass fires. Most fires described in this article all occurred within a radius of 40 or 50 miles from where I live. The sky over north Texas was filled with smoke yesterday. We sure do need some rain.

• It Has Always Been Safe In The History Of Mankind !!!

Yahoo !!!
    :violinist:
    Chilibill

So have Walmart stocks since old Sam Walton founded the company. In fact, I'd almost bet money that if you had invested equal amounts in gold, silver and Walmart stocks in 1972, the stocks would have made you more money than the precious metals.

• Please say it ain't so, cousins. Sounds like y'all are adopting the very worst aspects of American society.

Hits close to home - the wife and I are always saying that our daughter's genetic makeup contains the worst of both of us. She has both my bullheadedness and my wife's emotionalism.:laugh::laugh:

• Anyone else watch today's third round of the Masters tournament? (I'm not personally a golfer but I like to watch it on TV, especially when it's played on a magnificently beautiful course like Augusta National.)

Today I got a big kick out of watching Taka's golfing countryman Shingo Katayama, dressed as he was in rather flamboyant Western garb. He wore a cowboy hat, a bright yellow shirt, and what looked like tight white Levis. Had on a big cowboy belt buckle too. Must be another Western fan, which makes him our kind of man. :wink_smile:

He ain't doing too badly in the tournament either. At the end of 3 rounds, I think he's tied for 6th.

• I don't know Much about the Golfer from Japan but I do Know about MY Friends That Come From From Japan To Visit every Year or so.

And I do Know is The People From The U.S want to Be Samurai, and the People From Japan want To Be COWBOYS !!!
    26 bar ranch
    (bud)

• I'd almost bet money that if you had invested equal amounts in gold, silver and Walmart stocks in 1972, the stocks would have made you more money than the precious metals.

This fully explains why Walmart is now the largest retailer in the world. (Some very interesting reading, I think)

Bill, be sure and read pages 45 through 47 - they'll explain why I thought Walmart stock was a better investment than gold. Notice I said was.

• This is the kind of stuff that we were experiencing in my neck of the woods 2 or 3 days ago. They were all around the area where I live, some within 5 or 10 miles. Just click on "next" to see the whole series of pics.

Thank goodness I increased my homeowners insurance coverage about 350 percent just a few weeks ago. Must have subconciously sensed something bad coming down the road.

We need rain real bad. Hallelujah and praise the Lord; we're getting a little moisture tonight.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• Stumpy,

We'll be prayin' for rain to come your way - we sure don't want to be hearing personal bad news from you!

The nearness of the fires sounds like some of what we experienced last summer, though the devastation was not as extensive as what is happening in OK and TX right now. It sure is scary to see those plumes of smoke so close!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• No surprise here - most of these left-wing idiots would be perfectly happy if the US of A was governed by the UN. I wish we could deport such people to a place where they'd be more satisfied, such as the former Soviet Union.

And to think this clown sits on a court that is supposed to interpret, and abide by, the US Constitution.