Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 342,063 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I know I am a Dinosaur !
    :uhoh:
    I still Driving Duke's Old 1973 Chevy Step-Side Pick-Up and everything still Works !!
    :teeth_smile:
    The GEO Tracker that I got over a Year Ago always has something that Does Not Work !!!
    :ohwell:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I have a 68 F250 4x4 that i am semi restoring, its a tank. Goes about 55 mph without wrapping the motor out. But itll walk up any hill at a idle in first gear, all the guages even still work. I found someone that has a new core engine that I want to rebuild for it that i should have in the next couple months and in i would think. Then she could run another 40 years :teeth_smile:

• Because Stumpy put up some of the History of Texas,

From everything I've read about the area shown in that link to west central Texas, the history is (was) almost exactly as depicted in Duke's "The Searchers". Life in that area following the Civil War was very dangerous for white settlers because of raids by the Comanches.

This plains tribe was every bit as warlike and hostile to white settlement as the Apaches in Bill's Arizona. In fact, according to what I've read, the Comanches drove Apaches out of the plains region when they moved down from the north, so they must have been extremely fierce.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy is Correct the Texas Comanche Indians were Very Good Fighters and at One Time had a War Chief that went by the Name "Quanah Parker" and was 1/2 White and 1/2 Comanche Indian !
    :wink_smile:
    He was Very Smart and was a Great Comanche War Chief !!
    :tongue1:
    Quanah Parker was My Grandmother's on my Mothers Side Grandfather, so in my family we have Studied the Texas Comanche Quite A Bit !!!
    :ohmy:
    Chilibill

• You know, Bill, it just tickles me no end that Quanah became so successful as a "businessman" after he finally decided to come in to Fort Sill and give himself up. As far as I know, he never was defeated by the US cavalry troops. But he eventually saw the handwriting on the wall and quite rightly decided it was senseless to keep fighting the US Army. After settling down near Fort Sill (Oklahoma), he began charging the cattlemen driving their herds to the Kansas railheads a fee for crossing the land set aside for the Comanches and became quite prosperous.

• I've gotta admit that stories like this continue to be a puzzlement to me.

I've been reading stories like this for the past year or so and keep wondering when property values in the little old berg where I live are gonna fall. Yet, every single year year since I've been reading these stories, the assessed value of my house and land have risen, meaning my property taxes continue to increase. Not only that but when I read real estate ads in our little local news sheet, I'm astounded by the prices that people are asking for their houses and land. I have noticed no decrease in property values where I live at all. Something's fishy.

• I just saw this on Fox News !
    :teeth_smile:
    Montana has Just Passed a new State Law that said that Any Gun or Ammo made in Montana and Stamped Made in Montana is Not to Be Controled by The U.S. Government as the Consitution has Said about States Rights !!
    :jump:
    Texas and Utah are doing the Same Thing !!!
    :hyper:
    Yahoo
    Bill

• I seem to recall a little dustup in these United States about 149 years ago over the issue of state's rights.

• So you are saying Just Give Up? Not On Your Life, At My Age, I am Going Out in a Blaze Of Gun Fire !!!

:vampire:

Better stock up on ammo - I understand it's getting hard to find because people like us are worried the Dems are gonna start taxing the hell out of it and are hoarding it.

• Better stock up on ammo - I understand it's getting hard to find because people like us are worried the Dems are gonna start taxing the hell out of it and are hoarding it.

Well I cannot speak for other areas of the country, I have talked to numerous gun dealers and any place else that I normally buy ammo from and .223 ammo is getting really tough to come by. And that seems to be the reason, people are getting nervous about what the dems might try. While I believe that they want to try to get laws passed that get rid of certain guns and ammo I think there are alot of other things that they are pre-occupied with, like the economy, to worry about guns right now.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well I cannot speak for other areas of the country, I have talked to numerous gun dealers and any place else that I normally buy ammo from and .223 ammo is getting really tough to come by. And that seems to be the reason, people are getting nervous about what the dems might try. While I believe that they want to try to get laws passed that get rid of certain guns and ammo I think there are alot of other things that they are pre-occupied with, like the economy, to worry about guns right now.

According to everything I've read, many Dems, especially those from the more conservative parts of the country, are leery about pushing gun control because they think the AR ban was one big reason the Pubbies won control of Congress in '94.