Anyone ever shop here?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,288 times. The latest Post () was by DakotaSurfer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I haven't heard of that site before, so obviously haven't shopped there.

In looking over some of the offerings for John Wayne, I notice the collection

John Wayne Cliffhanger Collection

SHADOW OF THE EAGLE, THE THREE MUSKETEERS, and HURRICANE EXPRESS are the three serials included on this collection, with the legendary John Wayne taking a starring role in each of them.

In reading further in the description, I guess there must multiple episodes under each of the three titles, since it lists a duration time of 11 hours and 40 minutes.

They also are offering for sale

John Wayne 100th Anniversary Collection

Twenty-three John Wayne films are included on this collection, which has been released to coincide with the 100th anniversary of his birth.
    AVAILABLE: 05/08/07 for $35.96

It doesn't list the films, and I'd want to know which ones they are before I'd buy. It lists a total run time of 33 hours and 20 minutes.

Chester :newyear:

P.S. The 100th Anniversary collection is also offered at Amazon and Deep Discount, for a little under $30, also free shipping. None of them lists the films included.

• I believe the ones released by the major studios are going to be the better releases. The one mentioned is being put out by Passport which is not much better than GoodTimes. The region is listed as unknown on Amazon and it doesn't list the movies only that it has 10 DVD's.

I prefer the ones that are coming out with never before released on DVD movies like The John Wayne Film Collection (Without Reservations / Allegheny Uprising / Tycoon / Reunion in France / Big Jim McCain / Trouble Along the Way). This is being released by Warner Home Video so you know it's professional.

I think we're going to see a lot of these lower quality DVD companies release sets that are already out but stick another name on it for the 100th Anniversary.

• Thanks guys, and I hope someone buys from them to see how they are. I would buy something but already have two orders out which will have to last me for a month or so.

I just discovered this place sometime yesterday by accident when I was looking up somehting else on Google.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I think my wife looked at that site before but MoviesUnlimited or DeepDiscountDVD and Amazon were usually cheaper. Like I said I have a suspicion they might be like GoodTimes.