A Real Cowboy Rides Away

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,523 times. The latest Post () was by Phantomstranger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just heard that one of the greatest rodeo cowboys of all time passed from us yesterday.

Jim Shoulders was 79. I remember seeing him at a rodeo in Tulsa a few years ago when they honored him. He won more World Championship Rodeo Cowboy awards than anyone. I hope he and the Duke are having a good ride today.

Rest in Peace Jim.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• T-bone did he have more than Roy Cooper? When the NFR was in Okc the good ole days, I attended every year, threr were some damn good cowboyin going on. Its a shame that okc lost the NFR.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• brick,

Roy has a ton of calf roping championships, which is one of my favorite events by the way, but Jim held 5 World Championships. No one has won more World Championships.

Yeah, Tulsa lost the IFR back in the 80's too. Hated to see that one leave.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."