Aluminum Overcast B17G

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,738 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• chester

this tank is part our of states history so i think they will have a fight on their hands if they try to get it, we will send in the roos to kick their butts all the way home :shades_smile: .

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Howdy All,
    This last July, the Aluminum Overcast was in Denver, and I had a chance to tour the inside. It was great! They also had a P51, an A6, and several other vintage aircraft, and WW2 vehicles. It was a great day!
    Best to All,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Here is a Story that I did for The Air Force Times and The S.A.C. News Letter a Few Years ago.
    :wink_smile:
    I am putting this up for you people that are Millitary Buffs and X- Service People that like this type of Story.
    :teeth_smile:
    This took place in the early 1950s when The Cold War was Really Heating Up !
    :fear:
    As I told you before I had the the Honor of getting to Fly "The Aluminum Overcast" B - 17 a few years ago in Phoenix, Arizona.
    :hyper:
    I know this Story is Not about a B - 17 but is about a B - 29 Bomber, But is a Story that Duke Liked me to tell Him when we were Flying to the Ranch 30 Years Ago.
    :angel:
    http://www.wyntoontrip.com/BAILOUT1.html

Chilibill:cowboy:

• WOW!, Chilibill - that is some adventure! Next to your exploits, some of our lives, comparitively, have got to seem pretty tame.
    I guess if the decision was made to land the aircraft and it had crashed, killing everyone aboard, the military might have considered you guys to be heros!!!:glare: Ha!
    Cheers - :glare: Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"