John Wayne to be inducted into CA Hall of Fame

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,002 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We have friends who live in Sacramento, who know that we are big John Wayne fans, who thought we might be interested in the news that John Wayne, along with 12 others, will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame on December 5, 2007. The CA Hall of Fame is part of the California Museum for History, Women and the Arts in Sacramento, CA.

You can read more about it HERE.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Jim and Sue

While anything like that is good news its a pity he didn't get this recognition when he was alive, or is one of the conditions of entry that you have to be dead for so many years.

I think it never ceases to amaze many people that his poularity is still as great as it ever was.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I'm not sure what the criteria are for being included, because of the wide variety of inductees. However, this is only the second year for this honor, so that might have to do with why Duke wasn't included much sooner. I know that there are both living and dead people being inducted, so that isn't a factor, either.

Chester :newyear: