YouTube in Your Own Backyard

There are 93 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 51,732 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Chester,
    I have been Trying All Day to Get Some Things that I Have That You Might Like Up On "You-Tube" on This Site, and I Can Not Get it Done !
    :yeaahh:
    It Not Fun To Get Into The Computer Age as a Old Man, And Not Know What You Are Doing !
    :cry2:
    If You Or Mrs.C, Could Tell Me How To Do It, That Would Mighty Nice Of You ?

Bill
    :jump:

• Bill,

Don't feel bad, even I, who has put dozens of YouTubes on this message board, had a 'brain fart' recently and had to ask the Mrs. the trick to doing it, as I had not done it in a while.

Chester :newyear:

And now, courtesy of my wife, who explains things much better than I do, here is "the trick" -

When you find a YouTube video you want to share, look at the top of the browser, in the address bar, where it says, "http://. . . .

If you look closely at the address, you will see an equal sign (=). Highlight what comes after the =, and copy (hold down the Ctrl key and then the "C" key, then release them; that 'copies' the highlighted text) .

For example, let's say the address is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ielh3vetInI

You would highlight, copy and paste what I have placed in red.

Then come here, and in the post, where you want the link to appear, click your mouse so the cursor is blinking. Then hold down the Ctrl key and then the "V" key, then release them, and you should see the letters that you copied "magically" appear (see below).

ielh3vetInI

Now highlight the letters that just appeared, and then click on the "YouTube" icon above, on the right (white and red). It should place YouTube screen in your post, like this -

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Now sometimes you will have arrived at an interesting YouTube video by clicking on "Related videos" or even one of the links at the end of another video you watched. Then the address might like something like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-F_alXicn0&feature=related

Do NOT highlight and copy anything except the characters between the = and the &. Then follow the same steps above.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

BTW, the above scenes are from the beach where we went on a ten-mile hike with our son's Boy Scout troop a couple of weeks ago, although these two beaches were just a portion of the hike. If you would like to, you can read more about the cement ship in both videos (the second video is taken from the ship).

I hope this helps!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Well I Got One Up of "Duke On The Wild Goose."
    :teeth_smile:

Bill

Obviously, the guy who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks was WRONG!

Good job, Bill!!

Great clip - I love the music, and I especially loved the part where Ethan sidled on up to his dad and put his arm around his shoulder. What a precious memory that must be for him!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Last Summer "The Discover Network" did a One Hour T.V. Special on "The Wild West Museum" in Williams, Arizona and Now there is a Few Minutes of The Tour On YOU-TUBE !
    If You would like to See About 8 Minutes of The Tour that on T.V. was Over 30 Minutes Long, You Can Go To My Site Below and Click
    "WILD WEST MUSEUM"
    At the Bottom of The Page.
    :wink_smile:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/MUSEUM.html

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I finally put my first YouTube up as well. I had a time getting it up, but finally figured it out and put my first one on the message board. I am proud of myself, but it was a trip.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This is For 0ur Friend in the U.K. Keith that is a Guitar Player !
    :musical_note:
    We have a Man Here in The Verde Valley at Sedona that Plays the Guitar All Over The World and is thought by many to be one of The Best in the World, and His Name is "Esteban" and was a Student of Andres Segovia !!
    Esteban Played for the People Here in the Verde Valley at Sedona or as Many People call it here "John Wayne Country" and had a Great Turn Out For Him !!!
    I will put up More Video Clips if you want them ?
    :blink:
    Bill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Thanks for posting that, Bill. I loved it. He's incredibly talented.

Just wondering - is he blind?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• It looks like some of you did like The Guitar Music Played By Esteban in Sedona !
    Yes Esteban Does Have a Web-Site !!
    Stumpy, Yes Esteban is Blind in One Eye and the Other Eye in Not Much Good, He was Hit By a Drunk Driver and was Busted Up Very Badly and Did Not Play The Guitar For 10 Years !!!
    :fear2:
    Bill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]