Ringo, and John Wayne Oscar Video

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,549 times. The latest Post () was by bluecap.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi, I didn't notice this utube video posted. It is called Ringo and features Duke, and Roy Rogers. I thought it was real original, and fun to watch.
    Here is the internet address: YouTube - Ringo

Sometime during the past year I saw a John Wayne video in which Duke receives his Oscar, and you see him walking off with it , and I believe the music from Chisum is playing. I might have seen it as a DVD extra, or on tv, but I thought I saw it on youtube.
    I can't locate this video. If anybody is familiar with this video , and knows where it is on the internet please let me know.

Thanks! - Billy

• Billy,

I guess Chisum could have played at the awards, but the movie wasn't released until August 1970 and the Academy Awards was in the early part of the year. But I bet it wasn't the theme from Chisum from the awards. Maybe it was dubbed in.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi, thanks for the replies. I never did find the Oscar video I saw earlier this year, but I
    did find one thing interesting. In the Chisum trailer it shows Duke getting an award which I believe is his Oscar. Whatever I saw was an extended version of that segment from the trailer. It showed him leaving with the award, and I believe it showed him with Ethan outside the awards. It might have been a youtube video I am not sure. If you want to see the Chisum trailer you can see it at link below:
    http://trailers.warnerbros.com…sp?trailer=chisum_trailer

Thanks for reading!

Billy

• Interesting trailer if you look at the scene at two minutes forty seconds its a deleted scene which to me is fascinating.

Regarding Dukes Oscar triumph being broadcast within the trailer my theory is as follows. John Wayne did not recieve his Oscar until after "Chisum," was filmed, I believe he had to leave the set of "Rio Lobo," to pick up his Oscar. However "Chisum," was probably not released until after Duke received his Oscar thus the reason why this footage was able to be used. Its also likely that this Oscar footage was used in order to boost the appeal of "Chisum," which was a solid but not spectacular movie.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie