Dangerous Hike and Other Scary Videos (NOT JW-related)

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,550 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• So . . . this morning I was checking my email, and I got one with photos of a rather amazing hike to a Chinese tea house. So I thought I'd try to find the same thing online, to share here. What I found was a YouTube video (over 5 minutes long). It's in a language I don't understand . . . but I'm hoping it might be in Japanese, so someone (hint, hint) could tell us more.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Anybody thirsty for tea?

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Jim,
    This Youtube shows the video of Japanese TV program in Japanese language.
    But location in China. The contents of this program was for the Japanese TV reporter
    to go to China in a word, and to have challenge dangerous hiking.
    This route is located Mount Hua in west China ,Shaanxi providence,about 70 mile east of the city of Xi'an,near the city Huayin. (from Wikipedia)
    The path up the south peak is rumored to be the most dangerous hiking trail on earth,because it pardly consists of thin wooden planks mounted on a cliff with chains to hold on. Wow terrible!!

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Yeah, you'd think they'd be going much slower. You'd also think that the problem would be well known and there would be measures to prevent such horrific accidents as some of those were (somehow heating the tunnel, or sanding the surface for better traction).

I think I would go out of my way to avoid that tunnel on a very cold day!

• Makes you think twice about going through a tunnel. We have two in my area, well maybe not exactly in my area, but two in the southeast as far as I know. One is in Mobile Alabama under the Mobile Bay (some 200 miles from me), and the other is on I-40 going through the Tennessee/North Carolina state line (some 350 miles from me).

Interesting site, Chester.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote