RIP Ivan Dixon

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,136 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rest in Peace Ivan Nathaniel Dixon III. I sure enjoyed the many hours of entertainment you gave me with your character: Staff Sergeant James Kinchloe, on Hogan's Heroes as well as the many TV episodes of many shows that you Directed. This is a sad day.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I really liked Mr. Dixon and his time on Hogan's Heroes. I always wondered why he left the show the last season, and also wondered what he did afterward. I have all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes and love all of them. But the last season just didn't do enough for me with Ivan not playing his part.

No explanation of his departure, so does anyone know why he left and did that cause the shows cancellation after the sixth? Seeing the last show it seemed that they were ready to make a season 7. I also liked him in Raisin in the Sun.

RIP Ivan Dixon.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi mike, I think Ivan Dixon left the show because he wanted to become a Director. I don't know if that is true or not? but I remember hearing about this sometime ago on one of the late night talk shows when they were interviewing Werner Klemperer. Anyway, that's something he had mentioned while there and it was on the Tonight Show w/ Jal Leno.

PS, I too have all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes and love the show..

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..