Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 76,295 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Bill

we were at work looking through your book if you like it Hot (which i recommend to anybody that hasn't read it yet) and came across the brand XIT. we looked at your index and couldn't find out what it is.
    Is the Exit brand or something else.
    Great if you could let us know.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Arthur,
    Good Call, it is the EXIT Brand from Southern Arizona down by the Border of Mexico where Duke did part of the Old Film "Red River" !
    :teeth_smile:
    In the Old Days when you would Drive Cattle Down into Mexico you would Exit the U.S. into Bandit Country !!
    :ohwell:
    X I T

Bill
    :cowboy:

• We are Restoring the Old T.V. Programs "Chilibill's Kitchen" for the Food Network and some are already on YouTube and we hope to have them up and running this Summer on T.V. !
    Below is the First Film Clip on YouTube that will let you only have 10 Min. at a time so it takes Three Film Clips for each T.V. Show !!
    :happy:
    "POLLO BARRACHO" Drunken Chicken !!!
    :drinks_wine:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• This was One Of Duke's Favoite Breakfast and the Site Below will tell you how to Make Them !
    But first is the Story of How my Wife and I got into The Pancake Thing and How Duke's Flapjacks got Started !!
    :wink_smile:
    One of my Daughters from Orange County California and my Grandson, and my Son are here Helping me Pack-Up to get me ready for the Big Move to Duke's Old 26 Bar Ranch next Month, so I am Cooking Up a Big Batch of Duke's Flapjacks This Morning for a Big part of my Family !!!
    :tooth:
    Chilibill

• The BEST Poorboy Sandwich you could ever eat. I got hooked on eating these when Nolans Steakhouse in Kinsville, Texas-made them. Sadly-about 20 or so years ago-they closed up shop and sold the Restaurant to the guy who used to manage for them--Mr. Baker.

Baker tried to have a simlar type Poorboy-as was like what the Nolans served. His was pretty-good but was not the one I grew up on and loved. A few years later-Baker closed his restaurant and I THINK it now is a Mexican Restaurant?

ANyway, the Nolan version of a Poorboy is:

a long thin French bread loaf. Slice it in half and butter both sides of the inner surfaces with Garlic Butter, place on hit grill till bread starts to become slightly toasted, then brush on more garlic butter on the outsides of the bread. Place a few slices of honey-flavored ham into the bread as well as two kinds of cheeses, and some thinly sliced and slightly sweetened salami-placing all of that on the sandwich to let it get a bit hot and so the cheese will melt and blend in together. After about 2 or so munites on the grill-take it off-slice that in half and you will be eating the best Poorboy you will ever eat.

If you can't cook-then come to Corpus Christi and go to one of their locations in town. One is on Airline Street-the other is about 25 miles away in Calallen-which is actually a part of Corpus. I heard they might now have a 3rd location.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• http://groups.yahoo.com/group/…zZwRzdGltZQMxMjQzMjU2Mzg0I thought you might get a chuckle out of this -

RECIPE: Redneck Benedict

Bacon grease
    2 slices of wonder bread
    2 eggs
    2 kraft singles
    2 slices of cheap baloney
    mayonnaise

Fry 2 slices of baloney in bacon grease, till hot throughout. Set aside.
    Tear a hole in the centers of your slices of wonderbread. Toss in the skillet with some hot bacon grease. Fry for a short time, turn. Break the eggs and drop them on the bread with the yolks in the holes. Fry as you like your eggs. At this point these are called one-eyed Egyptians. Lay a slice of fried baloney on each and a kraft single. Top with Mayo and serve.

Good eats!!