General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,162,182 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• James MacArthur, the original "book 'em Danno" has died. I remember him from the Truth About Spring with Hayley Mills.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010…hawaii-five-0-actor-dies/

Not to mention the good Disney movies he did, Kidnapped, Third Man On The Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson and, A Light In The Forest.
    Plus, he was the young lieutenant in Battle Of The Bulge, mentored by the tough career sergeant played by George Montgomery.

• James MacArthur -- on whom I've had a crush for literally decades -- was also in a western, Hang 'Em High. It was just a brief appearance, as a preacher, but he did such a great job that the film's producer (and co-writer), Leonard Freeman, remembered him and cast him as Dan Williams in Hawaii Five-O.

Anyone here see his feature film debut in The Young Stranger? Sadly not available on DVD in the U.S. (though it is on DVD in the U.K.) but TCM has shown it. MacArthur gave a sensitive and touching performance as a teenage boy who has a very troubled relationship with his film industry dad. You could tell this kid was going places.

• James MacArthur also appeared in True Grit. He was the preacher presiding at the hanging in Fort Smith. Not a big role, just a bit part really, but it was him. Another connection to John Wayne, albeit a small one, gone. RIP Mr. MacArthur.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Rest in Peace James. I best remember you in Swiss Family Robinson-opposite Sir john mills and Sessue Hayakawa, Battle of the Bulge-opposite George Montgomery and also in The Bedford Incident opposite Richard Widmark.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• James MacArthur also appeared in True Grit. He was the preacher presiding at the hanging in Fort Smith. Not a big role, just a bit part really, but it was him. Another connection to John Wayne, albeit a small one, gone. RIP Mr. MacArthur.

Bob, I could be wrong but, I think it was Hang Em High that MacArthur had bit part as the preacher. Unless he was in both.

• Bob, I could be wrong but, I think it was Hang Em High that MacArthur had bit part as the preacher. Unless he was in both.

Jim, I agree.
    He was a Preacher in Hang 'em High,
    but I don't remember him in True Grit
    and doesn't appear in the credits!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Jim, I agree.
    He was a Preacher in Hang 'em High,
    but I don't remember him in True Grit
    and doesn't appear in the credits!

You're right. I must be gettin' old. I could of swore he was in True Grit. See, that's what I get for thinkin'!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I wish to announce the death of a man who was never famous but, made his mark on this earth in many ways. He was my brother and his name was Danny. He was a U.S. Marine who fought in one of the most viscious battles of the Viet Nam war, Khe Sanh. He won a Purple Heart for his efforts and carried the scars of his wounds that healed and a few scars inside that never healed. He died last night on the birthday of his beloved Marine Corps after fighting lung cancer for 5 yrs. Lung cancer that he developed from exposure to Agt Orange during his time in Nam. In fact, there's been a few guys from his company who also have died from cancer over the years, one just 10 days before him. So, see, he's not famous like some of the celebrities whose deaths we post on here. But what he did 40 odd yrs ago in a non descript valley in a far away land and what he carried with him till he passed last night, to me, leaves a far bigger mark on history than someone from the land of make believe.

• I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, WaynamoJim. While not famous to the world, he was to you. That made him just as important. May he rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I wish to announce the death of a man who was never famous but, made his mark on this earth in many ways. He was my brother and his name was Danny. He was a U.S. Marine who fought in one of the most viscious battles of the Viet Nam war, Khe Sanh. He won a Purple Heart for his efforts and carried the scars of his wounds that healed and a few scars inside that never healed. He died last night on the birthday of his beloved Marine Corps after fighting lung cancer for 5 yrs. So, see, he's not famous like some of the celebrities whose deaths we post on here. But what he did 40 odd yrs ago in a non descript valley in a far away land and what he carried with him till he passed last night, to me, leaves a far bigger mark on history than someone from the land of make believe.

That's beautifully worded. I too offer my condolences.

• sorry about the loss of your brother waynamojim ,fair play to you brother for winning the purple heart.he will never be forgotton by thoses who new him,may he rest in peace.