General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,178,424 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• a good director,one of his best is the underrated wild rovers with william holden.he also did the story and screen play and co-stared in the panhandle with rod cameron.r.i.p.

• James MacArthur also appeared in True Grit. He was the preacher presiding at the hanging in Fort Smith. Not a big role, just a bit part really, but it was him. Another connection to John Wayne, albeit a small one, gone. RIP Mr. MacArthur.

I've seen True Grit MANY times and I don't recall James MacArthur being in the film either. I also checked out a couple of cast sites and saw no reference whatsoever. But who knows?

(xmastree)

• Fred Foy, 89, the announcer well known for his stirring lead-in to "The Lone Ranger" radio and TV series, died December 22

• Steve Landesberg has died. He was funny on Barney Miller.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c…arshall-actor-steve-61788

Dang it, I liked Steve Landeberg. Sorry I missed this announcement. Rest in Peace Streve, YOU were my favorite of that series. Ijust read about Fred Foy-awhile ago. Rest in PEace Fred ;(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Actor Pete Postlethwaite dies aged 64

He died in hospital on Sunday after a lengthy battle with cancer.

The Warrington-born actor was once described by Steven Spielberg as “the best actor in the world”, and was made an OBE in the 2004 New Year’s Honours List.

After beginning his career on the stage, his breakthrough film performance was in 1988’s Distant Voices, Still Lives.

He was then nominated for the best supporting actor Academy Award in 1993 for his performance in In the Name of the Father.

Postlethwaite went on to star in several of the most popular films of the 1990s, including The Usual Suspects, Brassed Off and Romeo + Juliet.

One of his most recent appearances was in Inception, last year’s hit science-fiction film.

He had continued to work until recently despite receiving treatment for cancer.

Andrew Richardson, a friend of Postlethwaite, announced on Monday morning that he had passed away peacefully in hospital in Shropshire on Sunday.

Postlethwaite is survived by his wife and two children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cul…thwaite-dies-aged-64.html

• Just saw him not long ago in The Town-very good movie, and an excellent actor. He WILL be missed-

• Anne Francis, Star of 'Honey West,' Dead at 80

Anne Francis, who played the first female detective on a TV series in ABC's'Honey West' in 1965, has passed away.

Francis died of pancreatic cancer in Santa Barbara, Calif. She was 80.

To list Francis' roles on TV would be like listing all of the shows that were made between 1949 and 2004. Let's just say she appeared in a lot of programs, including 'Kraft Theater,' 'Rawhide,' 'The Untouchables,' 'Route 66,' 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents,' 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.,' 'The Invaders,' 'Mission: Impossible,' 'My Three Sons,' 'Columbo,' 'Dallas,' 'Home Improvement,' 'Wings' and 'Without a Trace.'

She also guest starred in a classic episode of 'The Twilight Zone' that was shown last weekend during Syfy's marathon of the show. She played the scared woman who becomes one of the mannequins in the department store in the episode 'The After Hours.' She also played Mama Jo, the woman who owned the charter boat with the all-female crew, on the first season of 'Riptide.'

Francis also appeared in one of the classic science fiction films of the 1950s, 'Forbidden Planet,' and in other movies including 'The Blackboard Jungle,' 'Hook, Line, and Sinker,' 'Bad Day at Black Rock' and 'Funny Girl.'

On a personal note, Francis was the best friend of a good friend of mine, and I've heard that she was a really nice woman. She had a lot of great stories about her time in Hollywood.

Francis was married twice and leaves two daughters and a grandson.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/01…of-honey-west-dead-at-80/

• liked her alot,she is great in bad day at black rock and forbidden planet.may she rest in peace.
    and sad to here about the death of pete postlethwaite a good actor.he was good as daniel day lewis father in,in the name of the father.