General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,174,870 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Out of all Anthony Quinns children, Francesco looked like him the most. And he was a good actor too. He also had a good sized part in Rough Riders back in 97. But I'll always remember him at the end of Platoon as Charlie Sheen is lifting off in a Huey and spots Quinn with his wooden staff in one hand, beating his chest with his other, holding an M-16 and growling like a true warrior.

• Huge loss for the music world. I've always considered songwriters to be complete geniuses. Whether it's the music or lyrics, to come up with such fantastic music is way beyond me. And for the rock n roll era, Leiber & Stoller paved the way for some of the greatest music of my generation. those two guys spawned Gerry Goffin & Carol King, Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil, Jeff Barry & Ellie Greenwich, and Burt Bachrach & Hal David. One of the very bright lights of the pop music world went out today and Jerry Leiber will be sorely missed. RIP

• Sorry to hear about Jerry Lieber. He and Mike Stoller wrote some great songs. There was a stage show tribute to both of them a while back called Smoky Joes Cafe' consisting of many of the songs they wrote. It is available on C D with the same name. Great team, great music, what a loss. Big Jim

Edited once, last by Big Jim: word missing ().

• Don't know if this was reported, but Tom Henessey died a few months ago according to writer Tom Weaver. Tom was in a number of Duke films (The Alamo, The Comancheros, Big Jake) and was one of my favorite actor-stuntmen.