General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,175,920 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you for posting this link. I went through several years and some I found I had not known or remembered who had passed away, others I didnt remember it had already been that long and, as far as favorites go for me--2008 was the saddest year as losses go including: Charlton Heston, Richard Widmark and Paul Newman.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• TCM always does such a nice job on their "Remembering" videos. Always very poignant, very sad, very touching. I was surprised by some from this years, like William Campbell and Neva Patterson and Jill Haworth. I had not known that they had passed. Both Campbell and Haworth had worked with John Wayne. I don't think Neva Patterson ever did though.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• TCM always does such a nice job on their "Remembering" videos. Always very poignant, very sad, very touching. I was surprised by some from this years, like William Campbell and Neva Patterson and Jill Haworth. I had not known that they had passed. Both Campbell and Haworth had worked with John Wayne. I don't think Neva Patterson ever did though.

I remember when William Campbell had passed away. I had just seen him interviewed on something about a week before he passed away. I had not known he worked with Duke in anything? What did they do together?

BTW, just watched him with Williams: Holden and Demarrest in: Escape From Fort Bravo.

• I remember when William Campbell had passed away. I had just seen him interviewed on something about a week before he passed away. I had not known he worked with Duke in anything? What did they do together?

BTW, just watched him with Williams: Holden and Demarrest in: Escape From Fort Bravo.

ringo,william campbell was in operation pacific as the talker,high and the mighter with the duke

• ringo,william campbell was in operation pacific as the talker,high and the mighter with the duke

Hi Ringo and thank you. I have one on DvD which ill dig out and watch before the end of the year. Itll be great to look for him in it ;-))

BTW, I THINK I spotted a younger Stuart Whitman in a small part in: When Worlds Collide--but cant be sure--ill need to look up his movies bois thing.

• i have the high and mighty which one is william cambell??:lamo::bells:(xmastree)lindaj48.
    i ordered my new glasses am waiting for them to come in. can see so much better now. my stomach is still healing from the gallbadder surg. and still some on my eyes. but i can see to bowl now without my glasses. just learning where to stand when i bowl lol(xmastree) wishing you all a very happy and safe christmas and new yrs also(newyr). thanks for keeping me update on the stars we are dieing. so many of them.
    if you have time come to my youtub and see my second try at videos with my voice lol [extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/extendedmedia]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/storm1967linn or my webshots
    http://community.webshots.com/user/delthi48

• I have just read this morning of another cast member of The High and The Mighty who has passed. Doe Avedon, who played the stewardess, Miss Spaulding, passed away on December 18th. She was 86, and had been married to film director Don Seigel, who had directed John Wayne in The Shootist. Here is a link to the article in Variety: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047783?refCatId=13

Files

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I have seen this man in countless television shows and films for decades, and I never knew his name. He was a wonderful character actor, and it is amazing what he learned about speech and how he helped others as a speech / dialect coach. I went to his IMDb page, and was somewhat surprised to see that he too was in The High and The Mighty. I don't remember him in it (I'll have to watch it again now!), but it is interesting that this is now three in a row who have passed that appeared in that film. May he rest in peace.