General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,173,710 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have just read this morning of another cast member of The High and The Mighty who has passed. Doe Avedon, who played the stewardess, Miss Spaulding, passed away on December 18th. She was 86, and had been married to film director Don Seigel, who had directed John Wayne in The Shootist. Here is a link to the article in Variety: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047783?refCatId=13

R.I.P. Doe Avedon

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Rest in Peace Pedro. You will be missed.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Always remember Pedro Jr. from Chisum, when Duke confronts him at the river about stealing his cattle. Pedro says, there must be some mistake, and Duke tells him, well, you made it. Also remember him as the priest at the beginning of Tombstone berating The Cowboys, till Johnny Ringo puts it to an end quite quickly.

• Hi

In the early hours of Wednesday morning a woman named Christine passed away. having beaten chest cancer, had overcame a maestectomy with surgery she eventually succumbed to cancer of the liver.
    Christine was not famous the nearest she ever came to fame on stage was playing a tudor nun in a half hour skit. She was a sales assistant in our museum shop but a person who was well liked and respected. She was also our friend.

This may outwardly appear an inappropriate place but R.I.PChristine may God Bless You.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I seem to remember Pedro being either one of Chisum's men or Billy's friends, not the Mexican Bandit leader. Can anyone confirm? In any case he was a welcome sight in Duke's films.

• I seem to remember Pedro being either one of Chisum's men or Billy's friends, not the Mexican Bandit leader. Can anyone confirm? In any case he was a welcome sight in Duke's films.

Not to get confused with his father, who did appear in Duke's movies.
    Pedro Jr. was the Mexican bandit leader, in Chisum.
    and was also in The Undefeated.
    This has been answered previously in this thread.

WaynamoJim
    OK Keith, question for you. IN the scene at the river where Chisum confronts the rustlers, just before Bonney rides up, who's the rustler Chisum is talking to about taking his herd back. I've seen the guy in a few other films but, never knew who he was. I liked his character in this movie, humorous but, deadly.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• It is never inappropriate to pay respects to one who has obviously had some impact, whether big or small, on your life. Thank you Arthur for sharing this with us. R.I.P. Christine.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• It is never inappropriate to pay respects to one who has obviously had some impact, whether big or small, on your life. Thank you Arthur for sharing this with us. R.I.P. Christine.

Arthur, the title of this thread is "General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest". Christine was important to you and others, and (at least speaking for my wife and myself) that makes it of interest to us.

Thanks for sharing, Arthur; we're sorry for your loss. May Christine RIP.

Chester :newyear: