General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,540 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Betty Jane Rhodes, 90, young leading lady in the "Jungle Jim" serial opposite Grant Withers, Tim Holt's "Along the Rio Grande" and Buster Crabbe's "Arizona Raiders", died December 26.

• French-born Denise Darcel, 87, died December 23 in L.A. She was in "Vera Cruz" and "Westward the Women".

Rest in Peace Denise. I remember her in Vera Cruz but I remember her best in: Battleground opposite Van Johnson and Marshall Thompson (and their effections.)

Ive got a couple great photos of her from that movie. One is a movie still showing her slicing bread has both Van Johnson (standing) and Thompson (sitting) and I also have Thompson families "Actors Print photo I got from the Daughter over a year ago--showing the "Eagles" just after arriving in Bastogne--and you can see her with two children and they are all still in the Deuce and a Half-looking out.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Dolores Hope, the widow of actor-comedian Bob Hope, died of natural causes at her Los Angeles home Monday, her family said. She was 102.

Although she put her singing career on hold after her marriage to Hope, Dolores Hope was active as a philanthropist, involved in her own causes as well as her husband's.

Military troops entertained by her husband's USO shows knew Dolores Hope because she would usually close the shows with a rendition of "Silent Night," according to a biography provided by her family.

Her last USO show performance came at age 84 when she sang "White Christmas" to Operation Desert Storm troops from the back of a truck in the Saudi desert.

She restarted her singing career at the age of 83 by recording several albums. She performed with Rosemary Clooney at Rainbow and Stars in New York for several weeks.

Born in Harlem in New York on May 27, 1909, Dolores DeFina was a singer at Manhattan's Vogue Club when she met Bob Hope in 1933. It was "love at first song," the biography quotes Bob Hope saying.

The couple married the next year and later adopted four children.

The couple moved from New York to California in the late 1930s, where he pursued a movie and radio career.

Bob Hope was 100 when he died on July 27, 2003.

The family will hold a private funeral at burial at the Bob Hope Memorial Garden, San Fernando Mission, California, where her husband was interred.

• Barely three months after Inadmissible Evidence, the John Osborne play that made his name, was revived in London, Nicol Williamson has died, aged 73, in Holland.

The colourful Scot – who was described by Osborne as the greatest actor since Marlon Brando, and, by Samuel Beckett, as “touched by genius” – had not made a film since 1997’s superhero picture Spawn. He had, in recent years, been concentrating on music.

His son, Luke, by his former wife Jill Townsend, tells Mandrake that he died just before Christmas after a two-year fight with oesophageal cancer and was eager that no fuss should be made about his passing. To modern filmgoers, he is probably best known for The Exorcist III and for playing Merlin in Excalibur.

• Alamo221, hate to tell you buddy, but Delores Hope passed away back in September.

• I remember seeing James Farentino is a few films, but mostly on television shows. His film The Final Countdown, however, has long been a favorite of mine. RIP James.

And RIP Nicol Williamson. He was great in Excalibur.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I remember seeing James Farentino is a few films, but mostly on television shows. His film The Final Countdown, however, has long been a favorite of mine. RIP James.

I also love that film. I bought it 6 months ago on DVD and have watched it several times already. Rest in peace, James.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Edited once, last by ethanedwards: Quote htmil missing ().

• Robert Hegyes, Epstein of ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ Fame, Dead at 60

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/en…k-kotter-fame-dead-at-60/

Well, that is a WOW! He was only 60! Far too young. RIP Robert.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.