General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,165,282 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• May he Rest in Peace. Ive seen him in a few things but don't know what he looks like?

Ringo, I know you're into war movies. Farley Grangers first movie role was in a war movie called The North Star. It was about the Nazi invasion of Russia and Granger was a young Russian peasant who ends helping his countrymen fight the invading Germans. It also starred Dana Andrews, Anne Baxter, Walter Huston, Walter Brennan and, Eric von Stroheim. Every now and then it turns up on TCM or The Fox Movie Channel.

• Ringo, I know you're into war movies. Farley Grangers first movie role was in a war movie called The North Star. It was about the Nazi invasion of Russia and Granger was a young Russian peasant who ends helping his countrymen fight the invading Germans. It also starred Dana Andrews, Anne Baxter, Walter Huston, Walter Brennan and, Eric von Stroheim. Every now and then it turns up on TCM or The Fox Movie Channel.

Cheers Jim, thank you for that. I THINK I saw that movie once along time ago? cant remember? I THINK it may also be out on DvD? will have to check that out.

Funny, I always thought that Gregory Peck was in that movie? I guess i got him confused with Farley?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Cheers Jim, thank you for that. I THINK I saw that movie once along time ago? cant remember? I THINK it may also be out on DvD? will have to check that out.

Funny, I always thought that Gregory Peck was in that movie? I guess i got him confused with Farley?

I know the Peck movie you're referring to. It was called Days Of Glory and it was similar since it also took place in Russia. Peck was a Russian soldier or maybe partisan fighting the Germans. It came out in 1944 and looks to be Pecks first starring role. The North Star came out in 1943.

• I know the Peck movie you're referring to. It was called Days Of Glory and it was similar since it also took place in Russia. Peck was a Russian soldier or maybe partisan fighting the Germans. It came out in 1944 and looks to be Pecks first starring role. The North Star came out in 1943.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Many thanks for that too. No wonder I get them mixed up? ;-))

• I also thought 12 Angry Men was the best of Lumets films, a true classic. Of the rest, that I saw, The Pawnbroker was also good but, not quite as good as 12 Angry Men. I saw Network but, thought it was kind of boring as hell and I couldn't take it anymore. Never liked Dog Day Afternoon and I never saw Serpico because I didn't care for the subject matter. Never saw The Verdict, either.

• I also thought 12 Angry Men was the best of Lumets films, a true classic. Of the rest, that I saw, The Pawnbroker was also good but, not quite as good as 12 Angry Men. I saw Network but, thought it was kind of boring as hell and I couldn't take it anymore. Never liked Dog Day Afternoon and I never saw Serpico because I didn't care for the subject matter. Never saw The Verdict, either.

I saw Network too, and thought it was as entertaining as watching mud dry. Also hated Dog Day Afternoon but Serpico was OK-its not really my cup of tea either.

• Sarrazin was in one of my favorite movies - The Flim Flam Man" He costarred with George C. Scott, Sue Lyon, Strother Martin and Slim Pickens. Great fun and a rousing Americana score by Jerry Goldsmith. It was one of the first dates I had with the girl who became my wife for 40 years.

We deal in lead, friend.

• sad to hear about michael sarrazin.had just watched him in journey to shilo with james caan and harrision ford.ok western with a good title song.

may he rest in peace

• I just read that Kevin Jarre pasted away at the age of only 56 years young. He wrote the screenplays for "Glory" and "Tombstone" Also co-wrote "Rambo,First Blood Part II, and the Mummy" R.I.P. Mr.Jarre.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Edited once, last by BILL OF PA ().