General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,779 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Popular old time UK singer Max Bygraves has died.
    A sad couple of weeks for the music industry

Max Bygraves, OBE (born Walter William Bygraves; 16 October 1922 – 31 August 2012)
    was an English comedian, singer, actor and variety performer.
    He appeared on his own television shows, sometimes performing comedy sketches
    between songs. He made twenty Royal Variety Performance appearances.
    Shows which he presented included Family Fortunes.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Michael Clarke Duncan died.

Michael Clarke Duncan's fiancee says the Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" has died while being hospitalized following a July heart attack.

Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Clarke's fiancée, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault, saying the 54-year-old actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack.

The 6-foot-5, 300 pound Duncan appeared in dozens of films, including such box office hits as "Armageddon," ''Planet of the Apes" and "Kung Fu Panda."

Duncan had a handful of minor roles before "The Green Mile" brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor. The 1999 film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a penitentiary in the 1930s. Duncan played John Coffey, a convicted murderer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ent…e-1.1150806#ixzz25Rj1fgRE

• I really enjoyed Michael's last series, The Finder, and he was exceptional in The Green Mile Rest in Peace, Mr. Duncan.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Singer-Songwriter Joe South Dies at Age 72

Singer-songwriter Joe South, who wrote Lynn Anderson's pop crossover hit "Rose Garden," died Wednesday morning (Sept. 5) in Atlanta at age 72.

Released in 1970, "Rose Garden" spent five weeks at the top of the country chart and became Anderson's signature song.

As a solo artist, South is best known for his 1969 pop hit "Games People Play," which received Grammys for best contemporary song and song of the year. Born in Atlanta, he joined steel guitarist Pete Drake's band in the late '50s. He worked as a studio guitarist in Nashville and Muscle Shoals, Ala., playing on Bob Dylan's classic Blonde on Blonde album and other sessions for artists ranging from Marty Robbins and Eddy Arnold to Aretha Franklin and Solomon Burke.

One of his songs, "Hush," was recorded by Billy Joe Royal and later covered by Deep Purple. The British rock band's version became their first Top 10 hit. South also wrote other hits for Royal, including "Down in the Boondocks" and "I Knew You When." After a string of solo hits that included "Don't It Make You Want to Go Home" and "Walk a Mile in My Shoes," South went into semi-retirement following his brother's death in 1971 but briefly returned to the music scene with a new album in 1974.

He was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1979 and became a member of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 1981.

http://www.cmt.com/news/countr…outh-dies-at-age-72.jhtml

• And another Atlanta great bites the dust. But what a time he had. Joe South and Billy Jo Royal were around Atlanta a lot. Billy kept his ocelot at my veterinarian's hospital when he was out of town. I worked there in the summer. Boy, did I hate it when it was my turn to take the big cat out for his walk! He didn't like anybody but Billy Jo. Oh, he would purr, and rub up against Billy Jo, but he would hiss, spit and try to bite me, LOL, and I am usually great with animals!. Joe came with him once to pick up the cat. And, of course we saw them around the clubs here and there. Boy, the man wrote some great songs. The clubs were small enough so that you could interact with the entertainment usually if they were the friendly sort. And these guys were. They would finish a set and instead of disappearing backstage, would come out into and mix with the crowd until the next show. Got to see them a lot in the old days. Sure can't say he didn't leave a legacy. I believe his songs will be brought back and sung forever. Have fun with your buddies gone before you Joe, and thanks for all you left us! Sorry, never have been able to say the RIP bit! Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Oh, so he WAS the one I was afraid he was. He was SUPER in Green Mile. Shoot, now I want to see it again, Sad thing as Keith says. But I am sure he has friends awaiting him! Thanks for warming my heart with your performance, and thanks so much for saving the mouse. Sure thing YOU will never be forgotten by film buffs! Other Keith

Tragic to lose someone so young!

RIP Michael

• WOW, never sawJ. look like that. Must have been after his return.
    This is how he looked around the end of the 60s. His brother, Tommy was a drummer for his band most of the time and committed suicide in the early 70s....don't think it helped Joe's drug habit much. But, he eventually beat it, returned and was awarded by Nashville and many others for his contribution to music.

• Man, used to love Joe South. Had some great social minded songs back in the late 60's, Games People Play, These Are Not My People, Birds Of A Feather. A few years later, he did Don't It Make You Want To Go Home, Walk A MIle In My Shoes, and my personal favorite, The Clock On The Wall.