General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,785 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Michael Clarke Duncan died.

Michael Clarke Duncan's fiancee says the Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" has died while being hospitalized following a July heart attack

He was an imposing figure in whatever movie he appeared in. R.I.P.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Makes you wonder if Modell died of a broken heart. His wife, former actress Patricia Breslin, who used to play on The Peoples choice in the 50's, died just about 11 months ago. It can happen. My daughter-in-law lost her mother just before Christmas of 2010. She just lost her dad two days ago. He had cancer, COPD, diabetes, and heart trouble. But after losing his wife, he just didn't care anymore. He could not live without her and went into a deep depression and gave up.

• Man, used to love Joe South. Had some great social minded songs back in the late 60's, Games People Play, These Are Not My People, Birds Of A Feather. A few years later, he did Don't It Make You Want To Go Home, Walk A MIle In My Shoes, and my personal favorite, The Clock On The Wall.

That is when we knew him at the clubs around Atlanta. He sang a lot of those songs but they were just getting popular then.......no where near like they are now. And a lot of folks outside of the deep south didn't really know of him much. I wonder how many more great songs he would have written if he hadn't gotten so addicted for so long. Wish his bro Tommy would have hung in....never knew why he committed suicide, but he used to have the same girl around every time we saw him....,.last few times before I moved, I didn't see her. I always wondered. Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Being from Maryland, I am really sad to hear about the passing of Art Modell. He was loved here in Baltimore for bringing football back to this town after the Colts left. I wish he had lived to see himself inducted into the football Hall of Fame. He deserves to be in there.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Being from Maryland, I am really sad to hear about the passing of Art Modell. He was loved here in Baltimore for bringing football back to this town after the Colts left. I wish he had lived to see himself inducted into the football Hall of Fame. He deserves to be in there.

Mark

Hi Mark, did you follow the Colts in 1964? My first Husband, Bob, and I were good friends with Lou Kirouac who played for the Colts under Shula. I believe he played for the NY Giants, and I KNOW he kicked for the Falcons as we went to some games with his wife.
    He knew Mickey Mantle well and when Mickey opened a clothing store in Atlanta, we went with Lou to the grand opening. After that, Mickey was a regular at Billou's, Lou's bar, as were we, when he was in town. Trivia, sorry, Keith

• I was only 2 in 1964, so I didn't really follow the Colts at that time. lol But I did follow them from the mid 70's untill they left in the black of night for Indianapolis in 1984. Broke our hearts in Baltimore.

So, you have met Mickey Mantle also in your travels? Lucky you. Being an Oriole fan, I have a natural dislike for the Yankees. But I did admire the great teams they had put together years ago. Greats like Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Berra and the rest. Mickey was a hell of a ball player and could have been greater without the bad knees.

Mark

• LOL, a nice little difference in our ages! Yep, Mickey's knees never quite quit bothering him. But, he could stand for hours at a bumper pool table if there were some "suckers" to play with! I think most of them didn't mind losing just because they were playing with Mickey Mantle. Have an old pic of him somewhere......will have to dig it out. '
    Love the old ball players. My grandparents used to go to Cuba years ago to watch the Dodgers' spring practice. Havana was a most spectacular vacation spot then. When there was a Dodgers' game on, grandchildren were banished outside! The whole team and staff knew Nana and Grandpa quite well. Of course that was before the blockade and WELL before your time. Keith

• Dorothy Mcguire - Mcguire Sisters Singer Dies

She died of natural causes at her son's Phoenix, Arizona home on Friday (07Sep12), according to the Associated Press.

Dorothy teamed up with her siblings Phyllis and Christine to form the popular musical trio in 1952, and they found success with hits including Sincerely and Sugartime.

Throughout its career, the group performed for five U.S. Presidents, including Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, as well as for Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, and on several popular TV programmes, such as The Ed Sullivan Show.

The MCGuire Sisters stopped touring in the late 1960s, but they have reunited several times since then, most recently for a gig on the Pbs special Magic Moments: Best of '50s Pop in 2004.

http://www.contactmusic.com/ne…sters-singer-dies_1411917

Mark

As long as no one in Cleveland gets to vote.:wink_smile:

• As long as no one in Cleveland gets to vote.:wink_smile:

So true, and that's WHAT has kept him out. I do understand their anger. Baltimore still feels that way about Robert Irsay, the owner of the Colts who stole them out of Baltimore in the middle of the night almost 30 years ago. But Irsay took EVERYTHING! At least Modell left the name "Browns" and the history behind for the new team Cleveland got. But no matter how they feel in Cleveland, you can't deny all that Modell has done for the game of Football. He deserves his place in Canton.

Mark

• Long­time char­ac­ter actor Lance LeGault, the voice of Junior the Buf­falo in the 2004 Dis­ney movie Home on the Range, died Mon­day at his Los Ange­les home, his daugh­ter Mary said.
    Although his offi­cial Web site indi­cated that he was 75, the Inter­net Movie Data­base gives his birth­date as May 2, 1935, mak­ing him 77.
    One of his best-known roles was as Col. Rod­er­ick Decker on the hit 1980s series The A-Team, his daugh­ter said

• Well Lance, you were A Team's "antagonist" the season before my good friend, Jack Ging took over from you as General Bull Fullbright. Jack was playing Lt. Quinlan in Riptide 1984-1985 when offered your role in A Team. So, he was killed off in Riptide by none other than your A Team Sidekick, Carl Franklin. Picture of Jack Ging now....will be 81 shortly. Enjoyed your part in show business Lance. Have fun with the gang.
    Keith

• Isn't that Lance Legault that's been appearing in some of those 5 Hr Energy ads on tv, dressed as a western figure with a badge asking a couple of fellas if they're getting enough energy from all the coffee they're drinking.