General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,928 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I don't know this man but others might.

Actor Stephen Dunham dies at 48

Starred in several TV series, appeared in Stone's 'Savages'

Stephen Dunham Bowers, a lead actor in a number of TV series with brief runs, including ABC's "Hot Properties" with Sofia Vergara and "Oh, Grow Up," NBC's "DAG," died in Burbank, Calif., on Sept. 14 after suffering a heart attack several days earlier. He was 48.
    The actor, who was usually credited as Stephen Dunham, also recurred on the WB's "What I Like About You," starring Amanda Bynes and Jenny Garth, and in 2009 on TBS' "The Bill Engvall Show." He guested on series including "Just Shoot Me!" and in 2011 on "Hot in Cleveland."

He also appeared in many films, starring with Paul Provenza in 2000 in the independent film "Nothing Sacred" and appearing in supporting roles in "The Mummy," Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" and Steven Soderbergh's "Traffic." He was memorable as the actor-waiter Dr. Chamberlain in the film "Monster in Law" with Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda and was last seen onscreen in Oliver Stone's "Savages."

In Dunham Bowers' final film, "Paranormal Activity 4," set for release in October, he and his wife, actress Alexondra Lee, will appear as husband and wife.

Born in Manchester, N.H., Dunham Bowers attended NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by his father, mother, brother and sister.

Donations may be made to the National Brain Tumor Society or Kiva.org.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118059428

• Very sad indeed. Think I had every album he ever made..incredible range. And he was hilarious on his TV show, and had some of the very best guests.
    I had just written him hoping to get a response with some lines for My Gibbons book. He and I spent most of the time together at the opening of Jilly Rizzo's new place in the Springs. The photographer seemed to follow us everywhere we went for some reason or other. Still hope to get the archives of that company....there are lots of photos that I never bought still out there.
    His Christmas shows with his family and that of the Osmonds were always favorites of mine.

He did a movie with the song "Almost There"......still love that along with so many more of his. Great loss for me and I know for lots of others. Sing on with the tall guys Andy! KP Gave him a putting lesson in Atlanta once before the Atlanta Classic Golf Tournament!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• WOW! Just heard about Andy Williams. His music was timeless and I must say just wonderful. Just sad to see these people go. R.I.P. Andy. We are losing a bunch of classics.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I remember him most as Chief Inspector Dreyfuss, the not-so-long-suffering boss of Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers) in the "Pink Panther" movies from the '70s.

EDIT: I read the link provided in the previous post AFTER I posted this initially, and the opening paragraph is nearly word for word what I wrote!!!

Maybe I was "channeling" the writer of the obit...nah!

• Johnny Lewis Dead: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Actor Found Dead Outside Los Feliz Woman's Home

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops believe Johnny was on drugs-- either PCP or meth -- at the time he allegedly killed a woman and then fell to his death.

Sources tell us ... after allegedly killing the 81-year-old woman, Johnny had fought with two men for 3 to 4 minutes ... hurting at least one of them

We're told Johnny initially used a 2x4 to attack the men ... and then used his bare hands.

Law enforcement sources say the men he fought with say Johnny showed "super-human strength" and was "phenomenally strong."

We're told Johnny tried to break into the house of one of the men ... and it took 3 people to hold him back.

One source tells TMZ ... Johnny had gone to a neighbor's home to introduce himself earlier in the day.

Neighbors tell us Johnny had lived in that house before, moved away, and then came back.

Neighbors who knew Johnny say he was a "nice guy."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/…os-angeles/#ixzz27gdKtO4C

• Another great actor and favorite of my youth is gone. Herbert Lom made a scary Ben Yousef in El Cid and a smarmy Tigranis in Spartacus, so when he slid over to comedy as CHIEF Inspector Dreyfuss in "A Shot in the Dark" and the sequels, I was floored.
    His portrayal of the Phantom in Hammer's "Phantom of the Opera" is the best one since Lon Chaney, Sr.
    Vaya con Dios.

• Hate to burst any bubbles on this guy--but he murdered an 82 year old woman--ive zero sympathy for CRIMINALS like this guy.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Another great actor and favorite of my youth is gone. Herbert Lom made a scary Ben Yousef in El Cid and a smarmy Tigranis in Spartacus, so when he slid over to comedy as CHIEF Inspector Dreyfuss in "A Shot in the Dark" and the sequels, I was floored.
    His portrayal of the Phantom in Hammer's "Phantom of the Opera" is the best one since Lon Chaney, Sr.
    Vaya con Dios.

I remember him in these roles too: Rest in Peace Herbert--this fan will greatly miss you.

Bis Bald.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..