General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,161,778 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• yes i heard that on the radio the other day about mindy it is so said
    we are losing so many great singers and actors.
    update on my mom also. she will never walk again.:cry2::cry_smile: all they did was fix her
    leg that was bad, then her hip went bad and cause of her age it is not safe
    to fix it. so that is why [FONT=A&S Wizard] have not been checking emails. been worried about mom and been so tried i just lay in bed when i get home. i have to sign everything for her n extra.[/FONT]

• Carl, hate to tell you but the Dave Clark 5 is now the Dave Clark 2. Huxley was the third member of the band to pass away in the last 7 yrs. Sax player Denis Payton died in 06, lead singer Mike Smith in 08, and of course, now, Huxley.

Thank you Jim, I hadnt heard of the others. Over and Over Again is my favorite by them.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• From James Drury, on Facebook:
    REMEMBERING our friend, Dale Robertson, who passed away this Wednesday morning (July 14, 1923 - Feb. 27, 2013). He is best known for his role as Jim Hardie in 'Tales of Wells Fargo' series (1957-1962) and as Ben Calhoun in 'The Iron Horse' series (1966-1968). Many films and television guest appearances

• I Just received this from my friend that went to Harry's memorial. He was such a kind man. Until a couple of years ago he would e-mail answers to questions people would ask him and was so personable about it. I remember him first in Rio Grande on the Morning Movie as a latch key kid in the early 50s and then Spin and Marty on the Mickey Mouse Club in the midle 50s. Me thinks we lost a Great American Treasure when Harry Carey Jr. got on the train to paradise.

Z1.jpg

• I Just received this from my friend that went to Harry's memorial. He was such a kind man. Until a couple of years ago he would e-mail answers to questions people would ask him and was so personable about it. I remember him first in Rio Grande on the Morning Movie as a latch key kid in the early 50s and then Spin and Marty on the Mickey Mouse Club in the midle 50s. Me thinks we lost a Great American Treasure when Harry Carey Jr. got on the train to paradise.

Thanks for this Jim,
    I have also copied your post to
    Pals Of The Saddle- Harry Carey Jr.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Oh, that we for sure did, Big Jim. And what a wonderful little tribute you wrote here. But, we mustn't be selfish. Thankfully he left us an amazing amount of films to remember him by, and due to the extra years of life he lived, his buddies have waited a very long time to have him back with them. Now they do. All that waits for their reunion to be perfect is Marilyn. Hope she is in good health but know she went to the retirement home with him. When her time comes, Harry will truly be in "seventh heaven"! KEITH

I Just received this from my friend that went to Harry's memorial. He was such a kind man. Until a couple of years ago he would e-mail answers to questions people would ask him and was so personable about it. I remember him first in Rio Grande on the Morning Movie as a latch key kid in the early 50s and then Spin and Marty on the Mickey Mouse Club in the midle 50s. Me thinks we lost a Great American Treasure when Harry Carey Jr. got on the train to paradise.

Z1.jpg

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thank you for that. I just received the "My Memories of Dobe" ,by Jennie Knudsen, that she was kind enough to have sent to me, that I can Post next week, if you like, when I get back. Would you like me to post them in "Pals" or "RIP" or both? Big Jim

Jim, as it it is now relating to Harry,
    your 'Memories' will now be better served
    by posting them in the 'Pals'
    Many thanks

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Dale Robertson was partners in a small movie business with best friends of my parents from the country club. He would come to Atlanta from time to time to discuss projects. He was one of my few heros back then. Our friends were kind enough to include me in trips to the airport to pick him up, occasional dinners, etc. Believe it or not, he was a very funny man....kept us all laughing a good bit of the time. Was very strange to me way back then to see him in regular street clothes. Good man, Dale Robertson. I didn't know he was still alive or I would have contacted him for the book. Well, enjoy meeting up with all your old movie and golf buddies, Dale, and thanks for taking the time to make a very young girl feel special. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE