General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,176,095 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rue McClanahan passed away due to a stroke at 1 am thursday-76.

I liked her in what I saw her in though I was not a big fan. Rest in Peace Rue.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Rue McClanahan passed away due to a stroke at 1 am thursday-76.

I liked her in what I saw her in though I was not a big fan. Rest in Peace Rue.

Years ago, when she was on Maude and Mamas Family, she was just an ok co-star. I didn't think much of her. But she really hit her stride when Golden Girls came on, playin the sex loving Blanche who never saw a man she didn't want to sleep with, no matter what their age. And even though, I personally never thought she was the best looking woman in the world, the job she did in that character did make her look appealing and sexy.

• Just read this morning that singer/actor/businessman, Jimmy Dean has died at 81. Dean became known in the late 50's as a singer and had a huge hit, Big Bad John. Shortly after, he got himself a prime time variety show on CBS, The Jimmy Dean Show. In 1969, Dean and his brother started up Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage and in 6 months, they were profitable and their products became very popular with consumers. Dean sold his company in 1984 to Sara Lee and made a very nice profit from it. I know if you go into a supermarket today, you'll see alot more Jimmy Dean breakfast foods than you do Bob Evans, who was Deans chief competitor.
    I nearly forgot, Dean also had a recurring role on Fess Parkers Daniel Boone show for a bit.

Edited once, last by WaynamoJim: added content ().

• Ronald Neame, who directed The Poseiden Adventure, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and many, many others, died at 99.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new…7839072/Ronald-Neame.html

Diverse director, cameraman, producer & writer. Started out as assistant camera man to Alfred Hitchcock on Blackmail in 1929 and was producer on early David Lean movies like Oliver Twist & Great Expectations.

Best films as director were Poseiden Adventure, The Card & Odessa File.

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/509309/index.html

• actor/director cory allen has died age 75.he directed lots of t.v. series and made a few films as an actor.he directed the likes of
    the high chaparral,rockford files,quincy md,

• Hi Todd, sorry I forgot but ill try posting them on Thursday. One was a French general, the other I think was Italian??? Anyway, these two were of General rank in WWII.

• Whether you liked George or not, you had to admit that he he was a winner. He may have bought a few Championships, but he did what he had to do to keep the Yankees in the winning tradition New York was use to. Being an Orioles fan, I grew up hating the Yankees and George Steinbrenner, mostly because they always seem to beat us, but I think the sport will miss him. Rest in peace, George.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Medal of Honor Recipient from WWII: Lieutenant John Vernon, passed away at the age of 90. This was due to Brain cancer. Lt. Vernon is one of those who got his MoH years late. I THINK he was the only American of African desctnt to still be alive.

He is credited of killing 9 Germans, KOing three MG nests, an Observation post and a bunker-on his one man assault on some hill in northern italy.

• Veteran character actor James Gammon died Friday after battling cancer of the adrenal glands and liver, he was 70. Gammon, whose rugged looks and voice got him in many westerns, was also very well known for his role as the Cleveland Indians manager in Major League and for playing Don Johnsons dad in Nash Bridges. Some of the westerns he was in were Streets Of Laredo, Wyatt Earp, Silverado and, Wild Bill.