General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,162,705 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You must give it to them...very few of Hollywood couples stay together for as long as they did. I have to say that I admired Mr. Cannell for that and for all that he had written and produced.

• R.I.P. Tony Curtis. I seem to remember his thoughts on being cast in "Operation Petticoat." Cary Grant was one of his movie heros and Curtis was so tickled pink at starring with him. It was one the highlights of his career.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• First and only time I ever saw Norman Wisdom was in the movie The Night They Raided Minskys. Great little movie that also starred Jason Robards Jr., Eliott Gould, Forrest Tucker and, Britt Ecklund.

• British actor Simon MacCorkindale has lost his fight against cancer at the age of 58.

The star, known for his role as Dr. Harry Harper on hit U.K. hospital drama Casualty, passed away at a London clinic on Thursday night with his wife, actress Susan George, by his side.

MacCorkindale went public with his cancer battle last year, revealing doctors had discovered a tumour in his bowel in 2006. He learned the cancer was terminal after it spread to his lungs in 2007.

The actor began his career in the theatre and made his West End debut in a production of Pygmalion.

He shot to fame after starring in Agatha Christie murder mystery Death on the Nile in 1978, and went on to star in small screen hits Dynasty and Dukes of Hazzard.

However, MacCorkindale will perhaps be best remembered for his appearances in 1980s U.S. series Manimal and Falcon Crest, as well as the six years he spent on Casualty.

Paying tribute to her husband, actress George says, "No-one could have fought this disease any harder than he did since being diagnosed four years ago.

"He fought it with such strength, courage and belief. Last night, he lost this battle, and he died peacefully in my arms.

"To me, he was simply the best of everything, and I loved him with all my heart. He will live on in me forever."

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni4941040/

• "Leave It to Beaver" mom Barbara Billingsley dieshttp://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101016/tv_nm/us_billingsley

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Actress Barbara Billingsley, who played the quintessential suburban American mom on the 1950s television comedy "Leave It to Beaver," died on Saturday at age 94.

A spokesman... said the actress, who had a memorable cameo as a jive-talking elderly passenger in the comedy film "Airplane!" had been in poor health in recent years.

• Johnny Sheffield who played Boy in Johnny Wiessmuller's Tarzan films passed away at the age of 79.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. – Johnny Sheffield, who played the character Boy in the Tarzan movies of the 1930s and '40s, has died at age 79.
    His wife, Patty Sheffield, saidhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/201…_en_mo/us_obit_sheffield# that he died Friday of a heart attack at his home in the San Diego suburb of Chula Vista. She says he fell off a ladder while pruning a palm tree four hours earlier.
    Johnny Sheffield beat out more than 300 other youngsters for the role of Boy in the 1939 movie "Tarzan Finds a Son!" and went on to co-star with Johnny Wiessmuller in seven more Tarzan films.
    He later played another jungle boy, Bomba, in a dozen movies but quit the business after the last one 1955.
    Johnny Sheffield went on to earn a business degree and worked for various companies and in contracting and real estate.

• sad to hear about johnny sheffield.he was good as boy in the tarzan films,and also tom bosley,i liked him in murder she wrote and father dowling mysteries.may they rest in peace.