Has anyone her yet bought: Escape From Fort Bravo on DvD?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,013 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was just wondering if anyone bought it yet? I wanted to see if it had any extras and such included with it or if it's only just the movie? It's a great movie and a favorite of mine-so there's no problems on that end ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Todd, i'll be glad to. This is also my 2nd attempt as the computer or somehting messed up. I had a great rendition wrote but will make this one shorter.

Escape From Fort Bravo is a movie set during the Civil War and Fort Bravo is used to house a few hundred Confederate Prisoners.

It starts out w/ Holden bringing back a recaptured Confederate escapee-and who has been mis-treated by Holden while being taken back to jail. Holden is a US Army Capt who has a reputation for being very rough on recaptured Confederate escapees.

William Forsythe is the highest-ranking PoW at the fort and he along with his Sergeant (William Demmarest) a Corporal (William Campbell) and a Priveat (name is unkn to me-all are making plans to escape. They are waiting for a beautiful Southern Belle to arrive. It turns out that she is Forsythes Girl, but unknownst to anyone else (Holden) she was there for some other reason.

Soon Holdne falls in love with her not knowing she is already taken and also not suspecting that she's really there only to help Forsythe and three of his men to escape-with the use of Howard McNair and his supply wagon.

They soon escape and the youngest of the PoWs is quickly captured by Holden and another officer-in the backroom of some Saloon drinking his troubles away. They then head out after the others-which also includes Forstyhes Lady, and they are soon recaptured.

As they start heading back towards Fort Bravo, a fairly large group of Apache Indians soon attack them. This group soon finds a small Wadi, to seek protection in-which doesn't last for too long. Soon the Indians get smart and start using tactics that only someone like Alexander the Great or Napoleon Bonapart; might employ.

As the Indians know their position, the try an attack on that parties position so be able to better pin point where they are holed-up in. That somewhat fails and costs them several casualties. The Indian Chief then employs several of his Braves who shoot arrows all around the parties position-acting like what happens when Artillery is used to pin-point where they need to fire a barrage at.

Two of the defenders realize whats happening and rush out to take down those ""Barrage Markers"" and die in the process.

I don't want to give away too many details as i'd hate to ruin the movie for you. I think you will enjoy it as much as you did Decision Before Dawn.

• Thanks Carl. Your right I really did enjoy Decision Before Dawn, I will see if I can track this one down as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I watched this movie some time ago on TV and I enjoyed it much. That's why I bought it on DVD but had no time to watch it so far. On my DVD (Region2) is only the Trailer.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Hi

Escape from Fort Bravo along with the Bridges of Toko Ri hve always been two of my favourite William Holden pictures. I'll keep an eye open for both.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Ringo, not to be a nitpicker but, it was John Forsythe, not William.

Hi Wayne-sorry about that. I had been thinking of the other Forsythe name when I was typing this in. John was who I did mean it to be ;-))

Also, I FINALLY got around to ordering (and recieving) my copy of this movie on DvD about 1-2 weeks ago. This simply is a great western-not The Searchers great but, great none the less.