Western Art

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,780 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Heres a fun fact i found, Will James was canadian, he came to america in his young years and spent a couple years in i believe utah prisons for cattle rustling. Just thought it was interesting.

Edited once, last by FarmerSteve ().

• i have the book "TAPESTRY the paintings of Robert E. McGinnis".
    McGinnis might not be familiar,but, his paintings of the old west
    is amazing, i think.
    Cover art of this book is titled "Ethan" as tribute to John Wayne.

regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Come on, Taka, you know you like his nudes as much as his western art. :wink_smile::biggrin:

(Just kidding, you know)

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Will Rogers was Born William Adair "Will" Rogers Nov. 4, 1878 and was a Cherokee-American Comedian, Humorist and a American Cowboy, and was born on the Dog Iron Ranch in Indian Territory, near Oologah, Oklahoma !
    :wink_smile:
    He was Known as "The Favoite Son of Oklahoma" !!
    :teeth_smile:
    Will Rogers was loved by the American People and Died in a Plane Crash in 1935 with His Friend and Pilot Wiley Post !!!
    :cry2:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Come on, Taka, you know you like his nudes as much as his western art. :wink_smile::biggrin:

(Just kidding, you know)

Stumpy, I forgot to say his paintings of nudes and movie posters
    are also excellent.:wink_smile:

Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I admit, I Googled his work after Taka mentioned him. And I enjoyed his nudes just as much. What can I say...I'm a guy. :teeth_smile:

I did like his painting called Ethan. Very well done.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "