PASSION & POETRY Sam Peckinpah Film / DVD

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,770 times. The latest Post () was by Juniormike.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Indy projects unfortunately often take a lot of time until they are ready for a release. I shot the film from December 2002 until early 2005, the first cut premiered at international festivals in 2005 & 2006.
    This summer finally marks the release of the German 2 - Disc Special Edition DVD. It is available from my website www.eldorado-film.de as well as www.amazon.de .
    At this point I don’t know about UK / US DVD sales.
    The German DVD is Codefree (0) / Pal, english language with optional German subtitles.

Disc 1:
    PASSION & POETRY - THE BALLAD OF SAM PECKINPAH 115 min.
    (audio - commentary by Mike Siegel in German & English language)

Disc 2:
    STORIES ON A STORYTELLER three part documentary with additional interviews
    - Pt1: THE WESTERNER 29 min.
    - Pt2: ART & SUCCESS 36 min.
    - Pt3: POET ON THE LOOSE 38 min.

MAPACHE TERRITORY 15 min.
    Featurette on the WILD BUNCH locations in Mexico

ERNEST BORGNINE ON THE WILD BUNCH 15 min.
    Interview featurette

MIKE’s HOMEMOVIES 14 min.
    Behind the scenes, Retrospectives & Festivals

Independently produced the making of this project went on for many years. The last three years the film played international festivals and in 2005 bits of the filmed material were used for PASSION & POETRY: MAJOR DUNDEE, a 22 min. documentary included on Sony's DVD of the extended cut of MAJOR DUNDEE.

The DVD-release includes a bonus disc with 150 min. of additional documentaries. I don't know yet whether the set will ever be released in the US or the UK. But the DVD's are codefree (PAL!) and all the content is in English anyway, as the film was shot in English language (with optional German subtitles only):

On youtube there's a trailer to watch and also the 15 minute MAPACHE TERRITORY uploaded in two parts.

This is the set:

• Question--- In what Western film staring Henry Fonda does he look at a gravestone with Sam Peckinpah's name on it ? pm me with your answers Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Question--- In what Western film staring Henry Fonda does he look at a gravestone with Sam Peckinpah's name on it ? pm me with your answers Kilo

That was MY NAME IS NOBODY. A Sergio Leone production that pays tribute to many great films like LIBERTY VALANCE, THE WILD BUNCH...