What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,316 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Ringo Kid,

Here's a picture of them, taken quickly on my phone.
    Volume 1 is opened, I watched 2 of them, volume 2 is still sealed.
    PM me if you're interested.
    Regards,
    Peter (Dooley)

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• A vidoe store near me is going out of business, so I went over there to see what they were selling. Found a Chinese made war movie called 1911. It takes place around that year and is about the Chinese people revolting against the Quing dynasty which was led by the last emperor of China, that little kid. Jackie Chan stars in it, playing a Chinese officer who decides to fight for the revolution. Don't know if it's any good, but it sounded good. Only paid $10 for it in Blu-ray.

• Hi Ringo Kid,

They are region 1, I bought them off Amazon and had them sent over to the UK. The quality of the transfers is amazing. Call me a philistine but I just can't get my head around the singing cowboy thing! I'll post pics on here of them so you can check they're what you are looking for.
    Regards,
    Peter (Dooley)

Sounds good to me. I dont mind the singing Cowboy thing--cam always turn the volume off for a minute :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• A vidoe store near me is going out of business, so I went over there to see what they were selling. Found a Chinese made war movie called 1911. It takes place around that year and is about the Chinese people revolting against the Quing dynasty which was led by the last emperor of China, that little kid. Jackie Chan stars in it, playing a Chinese officer who decides to fight for the revolution. Don't know if it's any good, but it sounded good. Only paid $10 for it in Blu-ray.

Hi Jim, ive seen this movie and its NOT your usual Jackie Chan movie. It was OK at best and probably so because im used to seeing Chan do comedic roles and not strictly serious ones :(

• Looks good to me and ill be sending the PM on posting this.

• That would be The Avengers (With Captain America and Black Widow, not John Steed and Emma Peel). I have watched that movie several times since I bought it... I think I have an addiction.

Glad you're really enjoy it. Somehow it left me a bit numb. I enjoyed it but it was a bit 'fast food' for me. Tasty at the time but then you forget you even had it, lol!
    I did enjoy the individual hero films more.

• Glad you're really enjoy it. Somehow it left me a bit numb. I enjoyed it but it was a bit 'fast food' for me. Tasty at the time but then you forget you even had it, lol!
    I did enjoy the individual hero films more.

It was the perfect antidote to the grim, gritty, and the uber serious Dark Knight Rises. If I had any complaints it would have to be the threat which seemed very generic.

Anyway I bought me another Lee Van Cleef movie, "Blood Money".

• They were priced a good price so--I picked up two newish movies about the Roman Legions. I THINK one was called; The Eagle??? I forget the other name. One has someone by the name of Colin Firth?? in it--the other has Donald Sutherland in it.

• They were priced a good price so--I picked up two newish movies about the Roman Legions. I THINK one was called; The Eagle??? I forget the other name. One has someone by the name of Colin Firth?? in it--the other has Donald Sutherland in it.

The Eagle, with Jamie Bell and Channing Tatum is actually quite a good film, I was pleasantly surprised!

The Colin Firth one is supposed to be dire lol, but I cannot judge as I haven't seen it

• The Eagle, with Jamie Bell and Channing Tatum is actually quite a good film, I was pleasantly surprised!

The Colin Firth one is supposed to be dire lol, but I cannot judge as I haven't seen it

Thanks for the heads up on the Tatum movie--sounds like I got a good one. The other I havent seen either but will over the weekend. Ive been eyeing both these titles for about a year or so now and only skipped buying them before because WM sometimes didnt have any available to buy--so I always found somehting else.

• Thanks for the heads up on the Tatum movie--sounds like I got a good one. The other I havent seen either but will over the weekend. Ive been eyeing both these titles for about a year or so now and only skipped buying them before because WM sometimes didnt have any available to buy--so I always found somehting else.

The Eagle is very well put together and very well shot. It is also based in Scotland which great to see.

• The Eagle is very well put together and very well shot. It is also based in Scotland which great to see.

Ive always wanted to go to Scotland--ive got a best friend who lives there and another who was born near there but is British but has a Scottish accent ;-)) The other lives right next to the Bonnockburn (SP?) battlefield.

• Carl, an interesting web site for you.
    Bannockburn

Thank you Keith. My friend Gordon--lives close to where the famed bridge is or was. Also thanks for the link. Im saving it for doing more reading on for more research too. A person im descended from--fought there ;-))

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Thank you Keith. My friend Gordon--lives close to where the famed bridge is or was. Also thanks for the link. Im saving it for doing more reading on for more research too. A person im descended from--fought there ;-))

Scotland is beautiful, I have friends who live near Wick which is almost at the end of the country. The scenery around there is amazing

The one with Colin Firth in it sounds like The Last Legion. I haven't seen it, though I think I did see the end of it while scanning channels. And Karl, sounds like you've never heard of Firth. He's been around for quite awhile. Just last year, I think he won a Academy Award for best actor from The Kings Speech.

• The other day I bought Goldfinger and Thunderball on Blu-ray. To me, the two best Bond movies ever, and I like most of them. Also bought Season 4 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Watched a few of the episodes yesterday with a couple of grandsons. I don't even have the first three seasons yet, but I'll get them.