What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,302 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just received the three seasons of TV's "Spartacus". This one is so far over the top even I am appalled, but Amazon had a sale.
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I enjoy this sleazy show.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Nice, I have The Seven Samurai and its fantastic.
    You'll need a sturdy shelf as its a big old box!

At one time when I had the money to afford it but never took the dive to buy it--DDDvD.com was offering the entire series of those Sean bean Sharpes--movies in a wooden crate and it came with a replica dagger--the one that he carried I guess? Anyway, it was priced around $450 and I almost bought it but--they had it for sale at a time when I just spent somehting like: $650 or so on various TV series and such like:
    The entire Hogan's Heroes series.
    The entire Combat TV series.
    Both: The Winds of War and War and Remembrance Mini-series. And I think a few movie singles tossed in?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just received the three seasons of TV's "Spartacus". This one is so far over the top even I am appalled, but Amazon had a sale.
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I enjoy this sleazy show.

We deal in lead, friend.

Ive been wanting to check that series out--rather--BOTH series and I was wondering if they were worth it or not?

• Looks like you have a lot of time to spend catching up on those titles, Carl. Thought that JPJ was a bit creaky and talky, but Yellowstone has decent production values and the benefit of Claude Akins and Warren Oates. The real treasure is Thunder of Drums. Got some stills I'll have to post soon.
    Happy viewing.

Took advantage of Black Friday to order some reduced price titles like Jaws, E.T. (for the grand kids), Hatfields and McCoys, and Breaking Bad seasons.

The Ringo Kid had asked about the "Spartacus" series. The first season which starred Andy Whitfield started out like a copycat of "300" - with cartoon blood and surreal backgrounds, but it eventually toned down the toon look and became more realistic. The gore and sex are over the top - if any fan boy wondered what Xena, Warrior Princess looked like under her costume, this is for you.

The death of star Whitfield threw the production into a tailspin so the next season consisted of only six episodes but was set in time before Spartacus came on the scene. It is actually better than the first season.

With a new actor playing Sparty, the gladiators are in the countryside, hiding and ambushing Roman regulars.

The fourth season starts next year and we don't need a spoiler alert to guess the outcome.

I winced at some of the cruel torture scenes which must have been supervised by a medical examiner. The suspense, the plotting, the battle scenes and even some of the supporting performances bump this up to at least a viewing if you're curious.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Lol, we'll be able to discuss some of those when mine arrive!
    Yellowstone Kelly is a really good transfer for a DVD, I enjoyed that one.:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Thank you for the rundowns on the Sparts--etc. Id forgot that Claude Akins was in it as well as Warren Oates--im a big fan of both them too ;-))

I might try the series after the Christmas Holidays. I dont care much for the 300--look but--sounds good to me through your wording ;-))

I dont know if you have seen Montgomery Clift in: The Search but--I didnt see it from beginning to end-missed I think the first 20 mins?? but thought it was well done and especially for somehting taking place just after the war ended. Kinda reminded me in a way--like Judgement At Nuremberg ;-)) Im not a big Monty fan but--thought he was a great Actor. The Search, Nuremberg, and Red River and 1-2 more--made me a budding fan of his. The best I liked him in so far was a tie between Red River and From Here To Eternity.

• Lol, we'll be able to discuss some of those when mine arrive!
    Yellowstone Kelly is a really good transfer for a DVD, I enjoyed that one.:wink_smile:

Its been about 20 years since I last saw Yellowstone K/ cant remember much of it so looking forwards to watching it when they arrive hopefully by mid this coming week ;-))

When you get a chance? nab The Search--though im not a big Monty Clift fan--he was excellent in this movie and in it-I rate him like his roles in: Red River and From Here To Eternity.

Also, get: The Scarlet Coat-with Cornel Wilde. I have not seen it from beginning to end-seen only about half of it once about 2 years ago--and what I saw was excellent to say the least. This movie is the movie that made me a big fan of Cornel Wilde.

• Its been about 20 years since I last saw Yellowstone K/ cant remember much of it so looking forwards to watching it when they arrive hopefully by mid this coming week ;-))

When you get a chance? nab The Search--though im not a big Monty Clift fan--he was excellent in this movie and in it-I rate him like his roles in: Red River and From Here To Eternity.

Also, get: The Scarlet Coat-with Cornel Wilde. I have not seen it from beginning to end-seen only about half of it once about 2 years ago--and what I saw was excellent to say the least. This movie is the movie that made me a big fan of Cornel Wilde.

Thanks... MORE to add to the list, lol!
    Night of the Grizzly on Olive films and More dead than alive are very, very good Clint Walker Westerns too!:wink_smile:

• Thanks... MORE to add to the list, lol!
    Night of the Grizzly on Olive films and More dead than alive are very, very good Clint Walker Westerns too!:wink_smile:

Been ages since I saw Night of the Grizzly--dont recall anything about it? It might be a possibility for me in the future. ;-))

With the list I have from above--not sure what order ill see them in but will save at least The Scarlet Coat and A Thunder of Drums for the last two.

• Been ages since I saw Night of the Grizzly--dont recall anything about it? It might be a possibility for me in the future. ;-))

With the list I have from above--not sure what order ill see them in but will save at least The Scarlet Coat and A Thunder of Drums for the last two.

No spilling the beans on Thunder of Drums on here either!:wink_smile:

• The beans are back in the can. Can't wait to hear how you guys like Drums.
    Took advantage of Amazon on line sales again and upgraded some titles to blue ray - Cool Hand Luke, Aliens, To Kill a Mockingbird, Little Shop of Horrors and Twilight's Last Gleaming. Also got Mel's Get the Gringo.
    Going to be busy real soon.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The beans are back in the can. Can't wait to hear how you guys like Drums.
    Took advantage of Amazon on line sales again and upgraded some titles to blue ray - Cool Hand Luke, Aliens, To Kill a Mockingbird, Little Shop of Horrors and Twilight's Last Gleaming. Also got Mel's Get the Gringo.
    Going to be busy real soon.

We deal in lead, friend.

Sometimes I think you and Peter just like teasing folks :lol;:lol::lol: I guess it's payback for me when I was about 5 years old--when I dangled a piece of meat in front of a Cat. The Cat DID eventually get that meat I might add. ;-))

• just arrived today all blue ray titles

three texas steers
    hondo
    the adventures of robin hood

cant wait to watch them this weekend