What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,372 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not sure if ive ever seen any Whip Wilson movies but will soon as I get past the Johnny Mack Brown movies. Ill also be ordering vols 3-4 as well as the Tim Holt Westerns volumes. Oh and speaking of Johnny Mack Brown, im about to order his version of Billy Tthe Kid as well as the Robert Taylor version of Billy the Kid. ;-))

whip wilson was not to bad as a cowboy he's watchable,would you let me no was the tim holt westerns are like.iv'e seen the two billy the kid westerns with mack brown and taylor.in my opinion mack brown one is better than taylor's one.the horse riding close ups are as phoney looking.

• whip wilson was not to bad as a cowboy he's watchable,would you let me no was the tim holt westerns are like.iv'e seen the two billy the kid westerns with mack brown and taylor.in my opinion mack brown one is better than taylor's one.the horse riding close ups are as phoney looking.

Thanks for the rundown on the Whip Wilson movies. Its going to be a couple of months before i can get the Tim Holt Westerns but--from all that ive seen him in (Stagecoach as well as Treasure of the Sierra Madre) I think his Westerns will be worth it. now id be a sight happier if some studios would get around to releasing a lot of Wild Bill Elliott Westerns ;-))

Thanks also for the opinions on both Billy the Kid movies. Ive only seen part of Taylors version and that was probably about 30 years ago and I dont remember it. He looks way too old for the part :lol::lol: Looking forward to the Mack Brown version. Ive been eying both for a few months now but never dived into either because War movies were more important at the time. :-)) Now im doing only Westerns, Pirates, Napoleanic Wars, Colonial and Knights stuff--maybe a few Service and Comedies thrown in ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just scored:

And last but not least:

"Our" Lady: Maureen O'Hara is in two of these. This batch was a hard choice to make as I had about 80 other movies I want.

• Impulse buy today from Wally World: Pathfinders: In the Company of Strangers. All of the cast is unkn to me as ive never heard of any of them before? but--since this movie deals with the Pathfinders who were in the 82nd Airborne Division--looked good enough to spend a Sawbuck on. I wish they would make a movie about Sergeant Jake McNiece (SP?) who is the leader of a group of Pathfinders who were in the Screaming Eagles (101st Airborne Division for those who know not much of such things and are from Loma Linda California :lol: ))

DvD:

• Last week, bought the Bond movie, You Only Live Twice and also, Taken 2 with Liam Neeson. I don't think that one got very good reviews but, I liked the first one and thought, why not. I'll watch it the first chance I get. By the way, these are the Blu-ray editions.

Also, didn't The Quiet Man come out this week on Blu-ray? I stopped into Best Buy this morning to pick it up and there was no sign of it anywhere. Either they sold it out or they didn't bother to carry it. Didn't feel like asking, so I left. I check another time. A few weeks ago, when Von Ryans Express came out on Blu-ray, they didn't get it in till about 2 weeks later.

• Today. Bought the Blu-ray editions of Hotel Transylvania and the original Gone In 60 Seconds from the early 70's that starred H B Halicki. That one has been digitally remastered and comes in both DVD and Blu-ray.

• This week. Bought the new James Bond flick, Skyfall, on Blu-ray along with two other Bond Blu-rays, Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker. Best Buy had the latter two plus, all the other Bond movies for $7.99. Skyfall was $19.99.

• Hi Jim

I hope you enjoy Skyfall when I saw it on the big screen I thought it overlong to speechifying and altogether boring. But each to his own.

Ihave just bought Fire over England a 1937 Laurence Olivier film about the Spanish Armada and am bidding for a double DVD of Oliviers Richard III. The king is all the rage right now as they have just found and identified his body in a Leicester car park.

If they can sort out his parking fines they will late rebury him in Leicester Cathderal.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Arthur--if you see this to reply--a former Colonialist needs an answer to; I always thought that King Richard the 3rd--was a good guy? but all I seen in the news about him--was that he was a bad Apple. What's the scoop on this guy?

• I did see it on the big screen and I thought it was pretty good. I liked the fact they did a little exploring of where Bond came from.

• Hi Carl

Hopefully not going too far off topic but in answer to your question. Richard III was at the time of his reign quite popular in the North of England especially around York.
    It is a fact that whwn his brother Edward died he did take the throne and it is probable that his nephews the rightful king anf his younger brother were held in the Tower of London (which at the time was a palace) and that they were murdered.

What also has to be borne in mind is that Henry Tudor later to become Henry VII killed Richard at the Battle of Bosworth in 1487. Shakespeare wrote Richard III during the reign of Elizabeth, Henry VII's grandaughter. And portrayed Richard as a evil monster rather than a normal man.

Can you imagine the scene if the later had been the case

Elizabeth to Shakespere

Hi Will what's the name of your next play

Richard the Third your majesty

Whats it about

Well its the story of how a nasty guy name Henry Tudor invades England and takes the throne of England from good king Richard

Will thats my grandpa Henry you're talking about. Just before we cut off your head have you any thing else to say.

Would a rewrite be in order your majesty

I think so Will.

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Thank you Arthur ;-)) and If I recall? to also kinda keep this on track? I THINK King Richard and the Crusades (movie) is about Richard the 3rd?? This one has George Sanders as the King--but if so? then Sanders was way too old to play him--even though I think he did an excellent job doing so. Ill watch that again by the week end and see though.

• Hi Carl

King Richard and the Crusades is about Richard Ist also known as lionheart. he was the oldest son of Henry II and his younger brother was John who became King John I (around the time of Robin Hood). Richard Ist spent most of his time away from England fighting in the Holy land against the Saracens and actually died besieging a castle in France.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Thank you Arthur. Then this also means that the George Sanders movie as well as the Knights of the Round Table--both I have--are then of King Richard 1st. Im kinda getting into movies taking place in those times.

• Ordered that five pack of Universal westerns from the '50s. Widescreen versions of Pillars of the Sky and Backlash, and Horizons West, Dawn at Socorro and Saskatchewan. It's on sale from TCM for $45.00 and ships today.
    You may want to buy stock in Visine.

We deal in lead, friend.