What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 175,364 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just received Blues of "Zulu" and "Cleopatra" which are for sale on Amazon UK and are all region playable.
    Have on order: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "Hondo", "Ironclad", "From Russia With Love" and "Rio Lobo".

A fine selection!

Zulu is a great transfer as is Rio Lobo.

Rio Lobo looks so good I actually enjoyed watching it more than ever before.

Hey Gorch did you pre-order Hondo from the US?

If so it'll be interesting to see whose arrives first!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hello Dooley. Yep, I pre-ordered "Hondo" from Amazon. It'll be the first one I slam into the player.

"Zulu" is one of the two best transfers I've seen so far, the other being "The Magnificent Seven". These are both films I've seen uncountable times and I still cannot believe the fine details on Blue.

Thanks for the info on "Rio Lobo". That will be the bottom half of my double feature.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Just received Blues of "Zulu" and "Cleopatra" which are for sale on Amazon UK and are all region playable.
    Have on order: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "Hondo", "Ironclad", "From Russia With Love" and "Rio Lobo".
    I read that GBU was not very well upgraded on Blue and I'm buying "Ironclad" blindly because a friend described it as a combination of Prince John meets the Magnificent Seven at the Alamo.
    What the hell?

We deal in lead, friend.

On Ironclad, if its the movie im thinking of? it has to do with the battle between the C.S.S. Merrimac and the U.S.S. Monitor-during the Civil War. If so? this is a very well made movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Wow! How's the quality of the film? I had no idea it was available on DVD!

The Mrs. wants to know about any special features.

Chester :newyear:

Hey there Chester and Mrs........ Hope you are having a ball in Iowa at the Birthday, Bash. I just watched the movie and the quality of the picture and sound is fantastic. I saw the Blu-ray version, but sure that the DVD is good too.

The extras are alright. You get the News Reel from 20th Century Fox focusing on the girl, none on Duke. And the Trailer is alright (just one). There are photos of movie scenes (about 30). That's about it. The extras are from the Blu-ray only. The DVD just shows the movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• If I might add, the Trailer begins with an intro from Duke himself.

We deal in lead, friend.

You're absolutely right, Gorch. I wonder if this was the only trailer ever made. It was good.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Since I have a VERY good chance at owning an complete all original well-marked and used in two wars rifle--im having to refrain from buying any DvDs till at least June. What im possibly going to own is-an 1863 Trapdoor Rifle that them Yanks used in the Civil War-then was used in the Franco-Prussian war by them Germans. :-))

• Cowboys and Aliens Very curious about this movie. I think it will be good. I like Daniel Craig and of course Harrison Ford, so I think this will be a good a fun movie to watch.

- John Wayne quote

• Well, it's offical! I have my blu-ray version of Hondo. One of the features mentioned on this disc is that it is Digitally Remastered, and "Widescreen for the first time." Now that is exciting to hear.

The special fatures are:

• Introduction by Leonard Maltin
    • Commentary by Leonard Maltin, Western Historian Frank Thompson and Actor Lee Aaker
    • The Making of Hondo
    • Profile: Jamers Edward Grant
    • The John Wayne Stock Company: Ward Bond
    • From the Batjac Valts
    • The Apache
    • Photo Gallery
    • Theatrical Trailer HD

I'll be watching this bad boy real soon. Can't wait.

- John Wayne quote

• I picked up tonight, the Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy of Act of Valor. I can't wait to see this movie. I have heard so much about it and couldn't pass it up, so I paid $19.95 for this movie.

- John Wayne quote

• Well, it's offical! I have my blu-ray version of Hondo. One of the features mentioned on this disc is that it is Digitally Remastered, and "Widescreen for the first time." Now that is exciting to hear.

The special fatures are:

• Introduction by Leonard Maltin
    • Commentary by Leonard Maltin, Western Historian Frank Thompson and Actor Lee Aaker
    • The Making of Hondo
    • Profile: Jamers Edward Grant
    • The John Wayne Stock Company: Ward Bond
    • From the Batjac Valts
    • The Apache
    • Photo Gallery
    • Theatrical Trailer HD

I'll be watching this bad boy real soon. Can't wait.

Great news Hondo,
    Now let's see how long my copy takes to arrive here in the UK!

• Ordered my copy of Hondo on the 27th March...
    Just received an email from Amazon telling me there's a delay as they're out of stock!
    Less than impressed!

• bought four new Blu-ray releases today. They are, Hondo, John Carter, Journey 2 The Mysterious Island, and Act Of Valor. Gave them all a little preview to see how they looked. Hondo looks simply gorgeous. In the opening scene when Hondo is walking up to the Lowe ranch as he gets closer, right up to the screen, it looks like he's going to walk right into your living room. I might put it on later and watch the whole thing. The others also looked quite good and I'm looking forward to watching them all the way through.

• bought four new Blu-ray releases today. They are, Hondo, John Carter, Journey 2 The Mysterious Island, and Act Of Valor. Gave them all a little preview to see how they looked. Hondo looks simply gorgeous. In the opening scene when Hondo is walking up to the Lowe ranch as he gets closer, right up to the screen, it looks like he's going to walk right into your living room. I might put it on later and watch the whole thing. The others also looked quite good and I'm looking forward to watching them all the way through.

The more you guys write how great Hondo looks the more impatient I get!
    You'd have thought I'd never seen the film before:wink_smile:

• the 1st and 2nd season of starky and hutch
    wanted dead or alive season 2
    dangerous assignment complete collection with brian donlevy
    fort apache blueray
    how the west was won blueray

• the 1st and 2nd season of starky and hutch
    wanted dead or alive season 2
    dangerous assignment complete collection with brian donlevy
    fort apache blueray
    how the west was won blueray

Fort apache and how the west was won on Blu ray, I cannot recommended highly enough.

The 'smile vision' version of htwww is fantastic!

I've never seen wanted dead or alive but think I need to!

• For me its:

1) Fighter Squadron w/ Robert Stack.
    2) Dorf collection--All 8 of Tim Conway's Dorf shows.
    3) Gary Cooper: The Signature Collection including The Wreck of the Mary Deere, Springfield Rifle, Dallas, The Fountainhead and I think one other movie?

• Hondo still hasn't arrived, it must be coming by row boat!

Received a stash of bargain Randolph Scott collection DVDs:
    Fort worth, colt .45, tall man riding, ride the high country.
    The man behind the gun, thunder over the plains, riding shotgun.
    Rage at dawn, buffalo stampede, wagon wheels, Abilene town, the fighting westerner, to the last man.
    13 films for under £25!:wink_smile:

• I found a fantastic bargin at Target. The trilogy of Back to the Future on Blu-ray with Digital Copy for $19.95 Even though the caption says that the digital copy expired back in November, I tried it and it went through. Awesome for what I think is a great series.

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo still hasn't arrived, it must be coming by row boat!

Received a stash of bargain Randolph Scott collection DVDs:
    Fort worth, colt .45, tall man riding, ride the high country.
    The man behind the gun, thunder over the plains, riding shotgun.
    Rage at dawn, buffalo stampede, wagon wheels, Abilene town, the fighting westerner, to the last man.
    13 films for under £25!:wink_smile:

I take it, you like Westerns? :lol::lol::lol: