Books on Duke- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 467 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 222,063 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Quote I got from Tim was $20.00 for airmail plus I would have the hazzle of getting a dollar check or money order which would also add to the cost.

To be honest whilst I would have liked to have bought from Tim it was not viable option for anyone outside USA.

Mike

• Quote I got from Tim was $20.00 for airmail plus I would have the hazzle of getting a dollar check or money order which would also add to the cost.

To be honest whilst I would have liked to have bought from Tim it was not viable option for anyone outside USA.

Mike

That's a little steep... I haven't talked to him in awhile, but that sounds awful high. Definitely not what I paid. Wait a minute... now I see why. You not in the US. No wonder it's so high. I guess I don't pay attention to where people are at. With the weight of the book being 2 lbs. then $20 is very reasonable.

Members in the US could definitely get them from Tim and get a decent shipping price.

• I have been Shipping the John Wayne 26 Bar Ranch Scrapbook to Most Parts of the World and when you Ship Out Side of the U.S. it is Not Cheap !
    :stunned:

The Scrapbook Weight is Over 3 Lbs. and Cost for Shipping was $21.70 to the British Isles, $27.35 to Russia and $8.00 to $10.00 in the U.S.A.
    :ohmy:

Bill
    :cowboy:

• I have been shipping programs all over the world so I was aware I just didn't know he was overseas. The programs usually cost me under $7 to ship them across the pond.

• If it weighs 2lbs then $20.00 would be about right. The added cost of dollar checks would be the killer.

If Tim took visa or paypal then his books would be a more realistic to buy for overseas buyers.

I got There Rode a Legend from Birthplace and was more than pleased with their shipping price. I knew it was a heavy book so I was hesitating buying because of the cost.

Mike

• I'm not sure why he doesn't accept that either... it would make it easier but it might be a hassle for him. That other book he puts out every year is over 100 pages so that's not something you can just throw together, he probably spends all year just to release the next volume. The next one comes out in November. Plus any book signings he has to go to. He was at Winterset for a day on Duke's birthday.

I bought There Rode A Legend while I was in Winterset so I saved on postage there along with a couple other books by Roger Crowley.

• I'm not sure why he doesn't accept that either... it would make it easier but it might be a hassle for him. That other book he puts out every year is over 100 pages so that's not something you can just throw together, he probably spends all year just to release the next volume. The next one comes out in November. Plus any book signings he has to go to. He was at Winterset for a day on Duke's birthday.

I bought There Rode A Legend while I was in Winterset so I saved on postage there along with a couple other books by Roger Crowley.

I've also found some other books that look interesting and one is actually brand new and doesn't come out until October 2007. It looks like a good one...

It's $12 pre-order, only 128 pages, it's called and written by:
    "The Quotable John Wayne: The Grit and Wisdom of an American Icon"
    by John Wayne, Carol Lea Mueller.

• Hi

I have bought all of the Big Trail, the Campfire books and all of Tims Trail Beyond books. I send cash and to date, touch wood, have had no problems. If you take advantage of his early ordering system you save money.

Postage works out about seven dollars about £3.50 in real money and I consider that to be quite reasonable.

If I have one small and it is a small grouse it is the length of time that it takes to arrive. I normally get my copy around mid January. he latest it ever took was early February one year. The best part of course is that it is worth waiting for.

Regards.

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

The Best Western books are very good and contain a lot of information about Duke and many other veteran actors. it comes outannually around about Christmas.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Postage works out about seven dollars about £3.50 in real money and I consider that to be quite reasonable.

Regards.

Arthur

Real money... when I first visited Europe it all looked like Monopoly money. If yours is real money why is ours always copied and the market always runs on how the might dollar is doing? Especially now that we're going to back to dollar coinage. I remember my first 10,000 Lire and though it was funny money as big as it was.

I have a 1990 £5 pound note in my hands and the silver strip is visible and looks like it's falling out.

:hyper:

I have most of Tim's books too. They are a great read. Worth every penny and not by the pound. :)

• I think everyone thinks real money is whatever they use in their country. My gripe with US dollars was why the hell do all the denominations have to look the same.

They don't look the same anymore... the $100's, $50's, $20 & $10's have all been colorized. Different security features have been added to the bills. And I;d rather have them the same size instead of having like a huge 10,000 Lire note and a skimpy 500 Lire note. Different sizes were a pain when I lived in Europe

• have many books on the duke. but my newest one is THERE RODE A LEGEND a birthday gift. given to me on my way out to WINTERSET.:thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Just finished Michael Munn's "John Wayne:The Man Behind The Myth". Not a very big book but packed with a lot of info and interesting antecdotes. No pictures but a good balance of the Duke, his life, loves, demons and films.