Converting DVD to Blue Ray

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,696 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• To be totally honest with you, I have never been able to enjoy anything 3D, for several reasons, mainly because I haven't seen hardly any movie in 3D and the ones I have were terrible, and I really couldn't see the effects make any difference. And I hate wearing glasses.

You know when I was a kid, I use to watch The Jetsons, and they showed a 3D television that actually sent the images out of the picture. I thought that was totally cool, and that is what I am looking for. In Star Wars, they did the same with imaging projectors from R2D2, if you remember that. They didn't wear any glasses, and that is what I am waiting for, if I live long enough.

No glasses for 3D for me.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, I took the big plunge. I have just purchased a BlueRay player. I have a Dell gift card for $50 that expires tomorrow and so I started to look around to what I might be interested in to purchase with my gift card. Well, Dell is having a big 10 day sale and I decided to look at BlueRay players to see what they had.

They had a Sony BDP-5360 BlueRay Player on sale for 50% off from $210 to $109 plus tax and free shipping if ordering over $50. So with the $50 gift card, my total cost is $69.34. What a deal! And it will arrive by March 22.

Charging it on my Dell Credit card, I can have this paid off by May with no interest on this and get the quality picture and sound with internet hook up to see all that this has to offer.

Not bad, but now I'll have to think about what to get in BlueRay movies. What should I get first, Rio Bravo, The Searchers, The Green Berets, or something else?

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().