"seven Men From Now"

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,462 times. The latest Post () was by itdo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• anybody ever seen it? anybody knows where to get it?

This one has been hailed as one of the greatest westerns of all time.
    It was produced by John Wayne's Batjac, his brother was the producer, his old pal Randy Scott the star, Wayne gave director Budd Boetticher his big break with this one and he saw to it that the role of the female went to Gail Russell. Lee Marvin also stars. This was the breakthrough for Wayne's future star-director Burt Kennedy as well, who wrote the script. So where the heck is it??? Batjac holds the rights and I believe it has not been seen in public since the first release in '56, apart from some special screenings at film schools honoring Boetticher.

• Budd Boetticher in an interview a year or two before he passed on said that at the time of casting and planning that Duke had stated....Put Randy in it!He's through!After Duke seen the end result Duke stated.....I shoulda did it myself!I should cut my throat!Someone some where has read that same interview.Duke knew instantly that this one was special.The Searchers rightfully is remembered today,but what if Duke had did 7 Men from Now!Also.Budd put the blame on Michael Wayne,but Micheal is now passed on too.I don't know what is holding it up now.I have seen an E-bAY bidding war for it at over 35 dollars and that was a video camera filmed copy of a dark,scratchy 16mm print.I seen it once 35 years ago,Randy rode his palomino,Stardust.The favor Duke did for Randy got him started with Budd and culminated with Ride the High Country for Sam at age 64.I tip my stetson to Duke for giving an old friend,craggy,leathery,long in the tooth and teetering on has been obscurity in B westerns the chance of a life time.A chance that millions and millions and millions of people have never seen.

• So it's really buried in the Batjac vault. You know, you read about this classic in many books written about western films - but you never get a chance to see it! I guess the same would be true about his "Bullfighter and the Lady" which is a classic in his own right, and in which - again! - John Wayne played a vital part in putting Boetticher in the director's chair. John Ford helped to cut the film - although Boetticher in later years complained that Ford's cutting down the lenght cost him the academy award for directing. Anybody seen "Bullfighter" or knows where to get it?

• :headbonk: hey itdo,
    Might have a clue for you dont know if this help's but... this website.
    Http://www.cinema.ucla.edu/about/support.html
    you might find something about the film Seven men from now. this is the site for UCLA University in Los Angeles california... on this site the have access to over 250,00 films... also many contections to stidio's or film organsations...
    This site is and archive and since most Hollywood stars donate to the school many have donated there films or copies even acadamy awards have been donated.
    so mabe theres some info there for you check it out... you'll be surpise at the list of star's that have contributed... going back to 1890...
    good luck....chuckie chezze...