I am VERY annoyed with AMC right now...

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,353 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'll watch a movie when I just want to do nothing, or if it is something I really want to see. If I am to tolorate the commericals, then so be it. I like TCM better anyway.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Hondo same here. AMC is pond scum as far as im concerned. TCM is playing abunch of great movies this month and also playing soem from that new or soon to be released Flynn Box Set.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Yeah Ringo, I remember when AMC was a great station, just like TCM. You got to see movies commercial free and they were older movies most of the time. Then, Cablevision, out of NY and owners of the NY Rangers and Knicks bought AMC and turned it into your typical tv channel. I remember Nick Clooney, father of George, was one of the hosts, much like Robert Osborne on TCM. I rarely watch it anymore. They take about 3 hours to go through a 2 hour movie. Good example, later tonight they're showing The War Wagon and it's on from 1:30 to 4:00. So figure about a good hours worth of commercials.

Nick Clooney was a great host! As is Robert Osborne. I watch TCM most of the time over AMC. Just cannot stand those omnipresent commercials. I guess I'm just spoiled!
    On another note: I have noticed that movies that have been made in 2:35 to 1 are presented in a 1:85 to 1 widescreen. Of course, being on AMC infrequently, I may have missed any Panavision or comparable presentations.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"