Heads Up On AMC Tonight @ 7PM.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,391 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That was filmed in my local burg. It's weird (but fun) seeing downtown all trashed up (well, more trashed up than usual) and overtaken by bloodthirsty zombies. ;)

Returning from last year's TCM festival, while on the shuttle train that goes from the concourse to baggage claim, who should I find myself next to but Frank Darabont (writer/director/producer) and a colleague discussing a script and various other arrangements for shooting the series.

• That was filmed in my local burg. It's weird (but fun) seeing downtown all trashed up (well, more trashed up than usual) and overtaken by bloodthirsty zombies. ;)

Returning from last year's TCM festival, while on the shuttle train that goes from the concourse to baggage claim, who should I find myself next to but Frank Darabont (writer/director/producer) and a colleague discussing a script and various other arrangements for shooting the series.

Hi Paula, thanks for this info. Might I ask but where was the series filmed? I know its supposed to be in Georgia and near Atlanta but???

Also, that must have been great to hear about something in the works ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It was filmed in Atlanta -- literally downtown -- plus environs. I'm not sure exactly where but I think I saw Stone Mountain off in the distance. :)

Georgia has become a big film production state thanks to favorable taxes, and a lively theater and film community in Atlanta with a lot of accomplished local actors and experienced crew, plus a brand new movie studio with state of the art soundstages built on an abandoned fairgrounds right in the city. The Vampire Diaries and other TV shows (like The Walking Dead) film here and the newspaper is filled with stories about movie stars spotted at this or that upscale restaurant or shop. A couple of weeks ago they shut down a major thoroughfare a few minutes from my office so they could shoot scenes outside the Centers for Disease Control for a movie called Contagion which stars Matt Damon.

• It was filmed in Atlanta -- literally downtown -- plus environs. I'm not sure exactly where but I think I saw Stone Mountain off in the distance. :)

Georgia has become a big film production state thanks to favorable taxes, and a lively theater and film community in Atlanta with a lot of accomplished local actors and experienced crew, plus a brand new movie studio with state of the art soundstages built on an abandoned fairgrounds right in the city. The Vampire Diaries and other TV shows (like The Walking Dead) film here and the newspaper is filled with stories about movie stars spotted at this or that upscale restaurant or shop. A couple of weeks ago they shut down a major thoroughfare a few minutes from my office so they could shoot scenes outside the Centers for Disease Control for a movie called Contagion which stars Matt Damon.

Hi Paula, thank you for the nice details and such. I had been wondering if they were in fact on locale and glad to see so. I wonder what outsiders think when they see so many of those "walking dead"? I'd love to be ther to see if I can see some filming going on sometime ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..