There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,364 times. The latest Post () was by ringo kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We all know that JW earned an Oscar for his role in True Grit. He was also nominated for an Oscar for his role in The Sands Of Iwo Jima. ( Which he should have recieved as well I think ) Now not counting these two movies, What If YOU could pick the Oscar! What movie ( or movies ) do you think he was overlooked and deserving of one ! My two other picks are:
    Red River and The Searchers.
    I'm looking foward to seeing your choices! Bill

• The Undefeated

Sons Of Katie Elder

The Quiet Man

The Alamo

to name a few

Windage & Elevation !

• I'll second The Searchers, Red River and The Shootist.

But a role that's always had a special place in my heart is Wayne's Tom Doniphon in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. He brought a special layer of vulnerability to his performance as Tom...it's not often in the movies you see his character defeated on such a personal, private level, and Wayne handled it with immense sensitivity. It's a John Wayne tear-jerker (in the very best sense). :)

• Quite man (My personal favorite JW movie)

In Old California (I picked this one because I read somewhere that this was JW favorite role because he played a pharmacist like his father.)

The Shootist

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.