Audio's Of John Wayne

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,120 times. The latest Post () was by Colorado Bob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :headbonk: Just a quick question?
    Does anybody else out there collect Audio taped conversations of the duke??
    I have 35 presently, and today I just got the tape of the speech.... Why I Love America... Just wondering if anybody else does this!!!
    I also use to have 141. JW films but three years ago had a fire in my home back in U.S.A and lost them all.. So starting over has been quite daunting.. Liveing in Holland for many months of the year make"s it hard to have the access to those collecters, who have the full collections... I know that Chuck Robertson(stuntman fo JW) had a full collection at one time... but since his death does anyone know if it has been sold??
    I had made copies from his collection in 1987, but since then have lost contact with the family... So if anybody knows of where to find most if not all the (Quote B Westerns) let me know would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thanks all for keeping the Duke with us!!
    C-YA CHUCKIE CHEZZE

• I love to listen to audio-tapes as well. There are the lux-shows, his recreations of the parts played in Yellow Ribbon, Red River and so on (available on CD)
    there is the Stagecoach Radio Show (available on LP),
    there's his record "America, Why...", of course, and the soundtracks of "Alamo" and "Katie Elder" and "Island in the Sky" which use his voice.
    I know the tapes of Dan Ford, John Ford's grandson, of the conversations he had with Wayne to write his book "Pappy" (about the length of a full day) are at a Government library, available to the public.
    What other audio-tapes to you have, and can you tell where to get them?

Since you knew Chuck Roberson personally you probably read his account on his life as Wayne's double, "Fall Guy". I guess you could ask Harry Carey to get in contact with his family as they knew each other well. You'll find his homepage in the net (and there's a mail-address).

• :headbonk: Thanks itdo for your suggestion,, never even thought of that... and im in holland right now but work keeps me moving around... But my home is in Palm springs california... Yes it is hard to find JW stuff in holland but each time i get back to the U.S.A i try to look up old family freinds and see what they might have..I've found over the years that many retired movie film maker's, or staff grips , carpenters, sound men, costum designers. Still have things from the movie's that they worked on..Thats how i've gotten most things i have of JW...
    My father was and electrican on many film's so that help's alot to contact people..
    Hope you have continued luck with all your find's,, and thank's for the help you seem to know alot about JW!!!
    Oh and some of the audios i have are JW talking to student at Havard, A speech at a V.F.W rally... or meeting..Have a private party tape from one of his crew from his ship... and three that are off stage recordings of JW,John Carradine,Victor Maclagen. But these three i need to have coverted because there still on original studio tape ( Reel to Reel...)
    So again thanks for the clue's...good luck..C-YA chuckie chezze

• Have fun up there in the flats of the north! I remember there was only one shop selling movie stuff in Amsterdam and I got me a rare Fort Apache poster there. Two years or so back I visited the bridges that were so vital to operation Market-Garden in WWII but of course my main interest was where and how Richard Attenborough filmed the spots in "A Bridge Too Far". Anyway, a nice country with very nice people in it, hope you enjoy your stay!

• Hi Kevin

If you want the real thing then I can't help you. If your happy to start your collection off with a couple of CDs let me know.

Certainly Colarado Bob has a large supply. I have Stagecoach, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon which I can copy for you.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Howdy Kevin,
    Sorry I'm jumping into this conversation so late, but I've been a bit busy lately. At any rate, if there's something you're looking for, just let me know and if I have it I can make you a copy. Just send me an email or private message. Like Arthur said, I have quite a large collection of John Wayne spoken word CD's and Cassettes, and also soundtracks (Thanks again Arthur!). Here is a list of my "John Wayne Audio Collection".
    See ya'll later,
    Colorado Bob

True Grit: Music From The Classic Films of John Wayne (CD)

The Alamo: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Rio Grande: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

True Grit: Music from the Motion Picture Score (CD)

Warner Brothers: Fifty Years of Films & Film Music (LP)

Themes and Songs from the Quiet Man
    [10” Decca Recording] (LP)

Digital Premiere Recordings from the Films of John Wayne – Vol. One [The Shootist, Big Jake, Cahill, U.S. Marshal] (CD)

Digital Premiere Recordings from the Films of John Wayne – Vol. Two [The Commancheros, True Grit] (CD)

Hatari! Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

El Dorado Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

McLintock! Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Music by Max Steiner: The Searchers / Pursued (CD)

Rio Lobo Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Red River Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Duel and Diablo / The Horse Soldiers Motion Picture Soundtracks (CD)

The Quiet Man: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

How the West Was Won: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Island in the Sky: Soundtrack Album, narrated by John Wayne (CD)

Sons of Katie Elder: Soundtrack Album (CD)

The Commancheros Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

The Cowboys: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)

Shoot ‘em Ups!: Music From The Classic Republic Westerns (CD)

America: Why I Love Her (CD & Cassette Tape)

Stagecoach [Radio Program] (CD & Cassette Tape)

Fort Apache [Radio Program] (CD)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon [Radio Program] (Cassette Tape)

Red River [Radio Program] (Cassette Tape)

Pittsburgh [Radio Program] (Cassette Tape)

Radio Interview with Louella Parsons [1951] (CD)

Melody Roundup [Radio Program] (Cassette Tape) {I have two different programs}

Three Sheets to the Wind [Radio Program] (Cassette Tape) {I only have the first half of the first episode of this radio series. The series is considered "lost".}

The Searchers [song] by the Sons of the Pioneers (CD)

My Rifle, My Pony, and Me [song] by Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, & intro by John Wayne (CD)

Rio Bravo [song] by Dean Martin (CD)

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance [song] by Gene Pitney (CD)

North to Alaska [song] by Johnny Horton (CD)

Marion Michael Morrison [song] by Ray Stevens (CD)

I Have Faith [song] by John Wayne (CD)

Walk With Him [song] by John Wayne (CD)

The Prayer [song] by John Wayne (CD)
    {NOTE: There was a fourth song in this series, “Trumpeter’s Prayer”, which has never been released.}

The Tonight Show, audio highlights from the 7 June 1972 show, with John Wayne, Ann Margaret & Chris Mitchum (Cassette Tape)

Tournament of Roses Parade from 1 Jan 1973, features a recorded interview with John Wayne (Cassette Tape)

Cattlemen and Cowboys, from 1976, audio presentation of a Cattlemen’s Association slide show presentation (Cassette Tape)

Inaugural Eve Gala Performance from 19 Jan 1977, John Wayne gives a speech honoring President Jimmy Carter (Cassette Tape)

War Wagon radio spots (Cassette Tape / CD)

“Shoot First” & “The Sky” audio bits from Laugh-in (CD)

American Cancer Society audio spot (CD)

Great Western Savings audio spot (CD)

Multiple Sclerosis radio PSA - 1965 (Cassette Tape)

U.S. Navy Recruiting radio PSA - 1966 (Cassette Tape)

U.S.M.C. Toys for Tots radio PSA - 1967 (Cassette Tape)

U.S.M.C. Recruiting radio PSA – 1970 (Cassette Tape)

American Legion radio PSA’s – 1971 (Cassette Tape)

Boy Scouts of America radio PSA’s (Cassette Tape)

Woodsy Owl Forest Service radio PSA (Cassette Tape)

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by chuckie chezze@Oct 27 2003, 07:44 PM
    Oh and some of the audios i have are JW talking to student at Havard, A speech at a V.F.W rally... or meeting..Have a private party tape from one of his crew from his ship... and three that are off stage recordings of JW,John Carradine,Victor Maclagen. But these three i need to have coverted because there still on original studio tape ( Reel to Reel...)
    So again thanks for the clue's...good luck..C-YA chuckie chezze

[snapback]5086[/snapback]

Howdy Chuckie,
    I am wondering if you would be willing to do some trading? Copies of what I have for copies of what you have? Let me know, will ya?
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.