WHAT ARE THEY THINKING??? meaning-TV/Movie Studios and DvD releases.

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 29,614 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• One wonders what the "Powers-that-be" who are in charge of releasing further seasons of TV shows at these TV/Movie Studios-but whom have NOT, released further seasons of certain TV series even though they have been selling truck loads of DvDs to fans.

A few TV series I am talking about are: Baa Baa Black Sheep/The Black Sheep Squadron, Voyage YTo the Bottom of the Sea, and The Fall Guy. There are others too but these two mystify my at what the studios are NOT.....releasing the other seasons of those shows?

Anyone have any ideas?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Filling the time-slots with patronising rubbish that seems endless these days, hardly watch the T.V. myself these days, prefer to read

Windage & Elevation !

• Tell you the truth, I dont care for modern TV at all and I watch absolutely nothing. I moved to Corpus on July 23rd, my sister tiurned my TV on, when she left I turned it off. I had it on sometime later only to see a news report i was interviewed for-and it has not been on since then. For the report, my tv had been on maybe 10 minutes? This was a coiple of months ago. All I do now is watch DvDs.

• I watch alot of sports on tv, mostly hockey, but also baseball and football. Don't watch very many network series, except the CSI ones and I watch them Comcasts On Demand. Otherwise, I just cruise through the channels, seeing what movies might be on, or I'll see what's on The Military Channel, TLC, HGTV, and other channels like that. I like to see what's on the Smithsonian Channel. Sometimes, they have some good programs on there, especially Aerial America, where they do flyover views of a different state on each program. In HD, it's really fabulous to see. Ringo, as for your concern about releasing older tv shows on dvd, I share your concern. About 10 yrs ago, I kept wishing they would release Barney Miller on dvd, which they did shortly after. Then it took about another 5 yrs for them to release seasons 2 & 3. there's been nothing since then. Same with the Life & Legend Of Wyatt Earp. About 4 yrs ago, they released season 1, nothing since then. The list could on and on. Alot of times, I will think of a tv show or movie and wonder why it's not out on dvd yet. Guess the powers that be, think there's more money in releasing the lackluster junk that's made to day than the quality stuff from years ago.

Also, I was on the WB web site, in their archives section and noticed that another season, maybe two of Cheyenne are now available. Also, next week, the Blu-ray version of Tora, Tora, Tora is due to hit the stores.

Edited once, last by WaynamoJim: more content ().

• If i'm not watching sports, ( go Bruins! ) i watch : AMC, TCM, The History channel, The Discovery channel, or Animal Planet. Good point about the DVD's Ringo! Don't understand the method to their maddness! You notice how the Junk shows always come out on DVD soon after? Bill

• I watch alot of sports on tv, mostly hockey, but also baseball and football. Don't watch very many network series, except the CSI ones and I watch them Comcasts On Demand. Otherwise, I just cruise through the channels, seeing what movies might be on, or I'll see what's on The Military Channel, TLC, HGTV, and other channels like that. I like to see what's on the Smithsonian Channel. Sometimes, they have some good programs on there, especially Aerial America, where they do flyover views of a different state on each program. In HD, it's really fabulous to see. Ringo, as for your concern about releasing older tv shows on dvd, I share your concern. About 10 yrs ago, I kept wishing they would release Barney Miller on dvd, which they did shortly after. Then it took about another 5 yrs for them to release seasons 2 & 3. there's been nothing since then. Same with the Life & Legend Of Wyatt Earp. About 4 yrs ago, they released season 1, nothing since then. The list could on and on. Alot of times, I will think of a tv show or movie and wonder why it's not out on dvd yet. Guess the powers that be, think there's more money in releasing the lackluster junk that's made to day than the quality stuff from years ago.

Also, I was on the WB web site, in their archives section and noticed that another season, maybe two of Cheyenne are now available. Also, next week, the Blu-ray version of Tora, Tora, Tora is due to hit the stores.

Hi Waynamojim, im like you in Cable choices and would watch mainly stuff from The History Channel though they too have gone down the drain, as well as TLC, Discovery, A&E, Spike, Fox, AMC, TCM and very few others even at once in a long while. I wish I had access to Encore Westerns, the Military Channel, Plex, The American Life Network, and a couple of others, id never look at other stuff again ;-)) I didnt know that Smithsonian had a channel? ill bet they show some great stuff?

Same here on Barney Miller and such, I loved the show when it first played and love it now. Also, I noticed that another show I love is out--Archie Bunkers Place. I barely remember them but remember i loved the show. I wish someone would release Twelve O'Clock High--a respectable studio. I know its on DvD-but is put out by someone who is copying them from the TV or VHS tape and his prices are outrageous and the quality is very poor.

That perplexes me further in that they prefer to release CARP (switch the "A' & "R" around) instead of the good stuff.

• If i'm not watching sports, ( go Bruins! ) i watch : AMC, TCM, The History channel, The Discovery channel, or Animal Planet. Good point about the DVD's Ringo! Don't understand the method to their maddness! You notice how the Junk shows always come out on DVD soon after? Bill

I used to watch some sports on TV-mainly off-road racing, Le Tour de France stuff, some Baseball, but that stuff is even starting to get un-enjoyable-mainly too many commercials and new rules and such. AMC, TCM and FOX, were my main mainstays when I was in Houston and in Austin, and I rarely ever looked elsewhere. I wish the Cable companies would let a customer pick all the channels they want and not have to endure junk like foreign language stations, BET etc-unless that is what the person wants? Im not against BET cept that they play absolutely nothing of value-not even Sanford and Son last I looked-and all I ever see them play is junk like Fresh Price of Belaire and stuff I never heard of let alone watched. TVLand and the other-like station (cant recall the name just now?) are getting bad to sadly bad.

I wonder if a petition to these studios would do any good? Myself and a few others have on a few military history sites have been thinking of writing one -especially for both Baa Baa Black Sheep as well as Twelve O'Clock High.

• Anyone who has been reading my posts knows I'm a fan of Have Gun - Will Travel. Five or so years ago (gag) John Trevolta bought the rights to the series for a possible remake. In 2007 Eminem (sob) was tapped to stand in for Palidin (faint). Yes, I know. Really.

Evidently they were going for the name rather than a true retelling of Paladin and his adventures. Something modern and edgy set in Detroit or New York or wherever. Appalling. That seems to have fallen through and now Quentin Tarentino owns the rights to HGWT. :ohmy:

Against my will (for some strange reason my son and brother wanted to go) I went to see Inglorious Basterds. I sat in the theatre holding my Autistic son's hand and worrying about my brother who suffered PTSD as a POW in Vietnam. :angry: Both had screaming nightmares as a result of the violence in this film. So did I, but that's not uncommon for me. :wink_smile:

If there's a remake of HGWT I'm not certain I'll bother to view it. Tarantino focuses on violence as an art, always (in my humble opinion) to the detriment of story. :broken_heart: <sigh> I fear that Paladin won't appear if Tarantino has a hand in retelling the tale.

We're burning moonlight.

• Eminem standing in for Palidin? I can see that! ( NOT!!!! ) Thats like saying Charlie Sheen is funny.

• I am like the rest of you, I rarely watch television anymore. Most of what is on is garbage. In fact, a couple of years ago, we cancelled DirecTV, and since then, no satellite, no cable, no antenna. If we want to watch something, we pop in a DVD. Whenever we are at the store, we look for the old television shows that we liked, and movies. Otherwise we will watch the old shows on the computer. Hulu.com has a bunch of the old shows on for free. Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford, The Rifleman, I Spy, a bunch of the old good ones. We also get Netflix, and they have a Cheyenne and a lot of great old westerns and old television shows. Since we don't watch much TV, this seems to be the best solution for us.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• tarantino is a freak and i WILL NOT watch anything that drug-sniffing freak has its paws on. Im no Travolta fan but he would be better than the other. I wish someone like Mel Gibson would get the rights-HE would try doing things correctly i.e. The Three Stooges and Maverick as two prime examples.

Ive always said it and will continue to say it about Inglorious B/ "You CANT make an Eagle out of a Turkey." taratino only made it worse.

• Eminem standing in for Palidin? I can see that! ( NOT!!!! ) Thats like saying Charlie Sheen is funny.

The mere thought of having a C--rapper---in something like that ought to be considered not only a war crime, but a crime against humanity itself. sheen is an expert at sucking Prune Pits all day--according to Keenan Wynn :lol::lol::lol:

• I am like the rest of you, I rarely watch television anymore. Most of what is on is garbage. In fact, a couple of years ago, we cancelled DirecTV, and since then, no satellite, no cable, no antenna. If we want to watch something, we pop in a DVD. Whenever we are at the store, we look for the old television shows that we liked, and movies. Otherwise we will watch the old shows on the computer. Hulu.com has a bunch of the old shows on for free. Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford, The Rifleman, I Spy, a bunch of the old good ones. We also get Netflix, and they have a Cheyenne and a lot of great old westerns and old television shows. Since we don't watch much TV, this seems to be the best solution for us.

Hi Bob, speaking of--have you ever heard of: the gold buckle network? I signed up on it years ago and just remembered about it. Anyway, its one of those online networks-was free when I signed and guess it still is? and all they show are Westerns. I remember watching some rarely or never seen westerns like: The Deserter and such.

You folks sound a lot like the Mrs. and I, although, I think we dropped cable around 15 years ago, and never had satellite, or direct tv. We have a rather extensive Vhs and DVD collection, though the Vhs are on their way out. On Hulu, we have enjoyed newer tv series like Burn Notice, White Collar, and Castle. We were addicted to 24 when it was on. First on DVD, then on the internet. The Mrs. says that she was happy when we pulled the cable plug,and she's never looked back!

Chester :newyear:

• But, Ringo, just because one must have all those channels doesn't mean they must be watched. For example I have premium sports channels in my package.

No one watches them. E.V.E.R. I'd rather not pay for them, but that's the way things are. I have this handy dandy remote control and I'm Empress of My Universe. :wink: That's the way I like it.

We're burning moonlight.

• You folks sound a lot like the Mrs. and I, although, I think we dropped cable around 15 years ago, and never had satellite, or direct tv. We have a rather extensive Vhs and DVD collection, though the Vhs are on their way out. On Hulu, we have enjoyed newer tv series like Burn Notice, White Collar, and Castle. We were addicted to 24 when it was on. First on DVD, then on the internet. The Mrs. says that she was happy when we pulled the cable plug,and she's never looked back!

Sounds like its amovement of sorts of good folks getting tired of useless nonsense in so-called Entertainment. i mean, I can stand some nudity, some cursing--when appropriate (if ti really ever is?) but not every other word-such as in saving private ryan and most new movies. Needless gore included. Im alos fed up with the PC garbage too.

• Hi Bob, speaking of--have you ever heard of: the gold buckle network? I signed up on it years ago and just remembered about it. Anyway, its one of those online networks-was free when I signed and guess it still is? and all they show are Westerns. I remember watching some rarely or never seen westerns like: The Deserter and such.

Hi Carl, no I haven't heard of the gold buckle network. Is it a cable network? All westerns, huh? If it was on the internet that would be pretty nice.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• You folks sound a lot like the Mrs. and I, although, I think we dropped cable around 15 years ago, and never had satellite, or direct tv. We have a rather extensive Vhs and DVD collection, though the Vhs are on their way out. On Hulu, we have enjoyed newer tv series like Burn Notice, White Collar, and Castle. We were addicted to 24 when it was on. First on DVD, then on the internet. The Mrs. says that she was happy when we pulled the cable plug,and she's never looked back!

I am a fan of 24 as well. I first heard about it (not much of a TV watcher, remember) while reading some Brad Thor and Vince Flynn books. They are two of my favorite authors, and both of them had written that they were fans of the show, so I had to check it out (on Netflix streaming), and I've been a fan ever since. I can't see us ever going back to cable, satellite, or even antenna. Way to much garbage on television these days.

• Sounds like its amovement of sorts of good folks getting tired of useless nonsense in so-called Entertainment. i mean, I can stand some nudity, some cursing--when appropriate (if ti really ever is?) but not every other word-such as in saving private ryan and most new movies. Needless gore included. Im alos fed up with the PC garbage too.

I can remember when any movie that had any nudity in it at all was rated "M" (a rating that has long since been retired!), and then it became a mandatory "R" rating for any nudity or swearing. Now PG-13 films are full of nudity, swearing, and sexual content! Most of the "R" films have violence and what they call "scary images", although most of the scary images are of people being non-politically correct - do I detect some covert propaganda in this trend? You know its getting pretty bad when the PG-13 films (for kids 13 and up) are worse than the R films! I am so thankful we raised our kids and grandkids on the older films and television shows and were really particular about what they watched and listened to.