You Are Hosting A Dinner Party .....

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,199 times. The latest Post () was by Baby Sister.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You are hosting a Dinner Party.... and you can invite 5 guests ( dead or alive ), your heroes, heroines, movie stars, famous crushes, etc ..... Who would you invite.... and why ??

Dee x

• Mine are..... James Mason, seriously sexy voice, I would just be enthralled listening to his voice all evening, like a good luxurious Red Wine for your ears !! Sam Neill, teenage crush, need I say more !! Jane Seymour, a fellow Brit, achingly beautiful. Richard Armitage, a good actor, and intriguing personality.... And last, but not least Michael Palin, because, he has made me laugh for years, was ( and is) very handsome and a wicked sense of humour ..... Okay, maybe 5 guests was a little mean, can I have two gate crashers ..... JW and Marilyn Monroe ????

Dee x

• You are hosting a Dinner Party.... and you can invite 5 guests ( dead or alive ), your heroes, heroines, movie stars, famous crushes, etc ..... Who would you invite.... and why ??

Dee x

The Duke- I would just love to talk to him. I feel like I know him already but...

Arnold Palmer- The man who made golf what it is today, and quite a character from all accounts. I always liked the way he played and no, Jack Nicklaus wouldn't be the same, I'd take a lesson from Jack before Arnold but Arnold would be more fun)

Winston Churchill- a hero, an near outcast, and then a hero again. The modern incarnation of Arthur saving Britain

Benjamin Franklin- the most fun of the founding fathers

Louis L'Amour- I've read everything he ever wrote and there are stories that aren't finished in my mind. I need him to fill in the blanks for me.

Now I would have to buy an entire liquor store to keep this crowd happy but it would be worth it. I would have put Robert E Lee on the list but he would have frowned on us drunkards.

The other guy who would be on the list I get to talk to whenever I want, and I'd have to ask his forgiveness after the party anyway.

• This is fairly easy.

1) Davy Crockett, i'd love to hear some of his yarns.

2) Jim Bowie-Ditto.

3) William Barret Travis--because he was such a Patriot-and America seems to be lacking patriots these days >:-((

4) Robert Edward Lee-he is also a true hero and who had to struggle between his love for Virginia as well as America.

5) Audie Leon Murphy. A severely modest man who is one of the best heroes this Country ever produced.

Honorable alternates:

1) Staff Sergeant Lafayette G. Pool-of Taft Texas-who was in the 3rd Armored "Spearhead" Division in WWII and is our top-scoring "Panzer" Ace.

2) George Washington.

3) Ben Franklin.

4) Ethan Allen.

5) Patrick Henry.

Sorry they are all Americans--I would have to do 5 per Country and with alternates in them as well..

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Walter Brennan, Gabby Hayes, John Wayne, Russell Crowe and Paula Deen..Like to hear a bunch of BS while enjoying a good meal...

"I admire your sand, Sister, but you should know this is no place for a woman"

• Hi

Winston Churchill
    George Bernard Shaw
    Oscar Wilde
    Mrs Beeton (Someone has to cook)
    The Duke of Wellington

A mix of military and Literary giants. At least one would have something in common with the other, and the first two would invariably end the evening with a verbal punch up.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• mr mills, john wayne, james steward and dirk (english actor forgotten his surname) and my dad

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Ho Smokey, if you mean Sir John Mills? he would have been my 1st choice of someone to chat with who is from the UK. And if your talking about a Dirk--im assuming Dirk Bogarde-another I like. The only other Dirks I know of are-Dirk Benedict and Dirk Blocker-so im assuming you mean Bogarde. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• your right ringo he is one actor i would have liked to have seen in a movie with john wayne that would have been great

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Ward Bond....worked with just about everyone during his career
    Duke...obviously
    Walter Cronkite...would just be fascinating
    Maureen O'Hara...strong lady with a sense of humor
    George Carlin...funny but smart

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara