The Cowboys..obrien Bros?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,908 times. The latest Post () was by cuttin_gal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• HI! Just curious to know if anyone knows if the Obrien brothers that played in the movie "The Cowboys" are still in Rodeo? I was watching PRA (Professional Rodeo Assoc.) on Cable one day and learned that these two brothers were truely "Cowboys". Love that movie, bought the movie, and can't get enough of it! Just interesting to learn that. Kinda obvious when watching them handle horses, as with the others in the movie.

• Hi Cuttin' Gal
    from they way you pick your handle (and when I look at the list of your favorite movies) you really must love animals (although "Patton" shoots the mule, don't he!)
    But in answering your question, you'll find the biograhies of the O'Brien brothers at http://www.imdb.com. It appears they both retired from acting at an early stage - after making such an early impression it's really too bad. If the bios are à jour, they're still ropin pokin cows. There's a wonderful featurette about the making of "The Cowboys; it's on the DVD and, I believe, also on the VHS "Behind the scenes with the Duke", and it shows director Mark Rydell interviewing the young fellers and judging which should get a part in the upcoming movie. And there's young Clay O'Brien telling him in true Cowboy fashion that he has been roping cows "all his life" - and he's just about 8,9 years old!

• Thanks so much Itdo, for the information. I was just asking a friend the other night...wonder if they have a behind the scenes type of video on the making of the "Cowboys". Got to find that one! Glad someone is knowlegeable about this kind of stuff. Thanks again!