Duke's Poster Place

There are 123 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 89,253 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• There are actual posters from Mike and others that depict Reynold Brown's terrific painting for "The Alamo", but I thought these may be clearer.

This is the entire painting

• Peter, if you look closely, you can see that Wayne's head has been repainted in the wider version. I'm not quite sure why, but if anyone, like maybe JuniorMike, could shed some light on it.

We deal in lead, friend

• Peter, if you look closely, you can see that Wayne's head has been repainted in the wider version. I'm not quite sure why, but if anyone, like maybe JuniorMike, could shed some light on it.

We deal in lead, friend

According to the John Wayne Scrapbook.
    The first paintings were the original artists impressions.
    Duke's head was super-imposed for the theatrical release,
    and in some of the posters.Duke's head is seen bigger than it should be

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Damn on the full painting Duke's head is huge, lol!
    Someone, somewhere said to change it.
    Be interesting to find out what happened.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Damn on the full painting Duke's head is huge, lol!
    Someone, somewhere said to change it.
    Be interesting to find out what happened.

Yep, head is too large but looks just like him. On the smaller one, Duke's mouth and eyes never looked like that.......but they got his nose right, LOL.
    LH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Yep, head is too large but looks just like him. On the smaller one, Duke's mouth and eyes never looked like that.......but they got his nose right, LOL.
    LH

Hey Ladyhawk, as usual I can't sleep!
    Had any emails?

• I don't know how anyone could approve the full painting with a bobble head look alike for Wayne. It is obviously a cut and paste job that is poorly substituted and I can't believe that it was used for national publicity.
    There is also a third ad, which I'll have to dig up, that has yet another head - one of Duke wearing the coonskin cap.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I don't know how anyone could approve the full painting with a bobble head look alike for Wayne. It is obviously a cut and paste job that is poorly substituted and I can't believe that it was used for national publicity.
    There is also a third ad, which I'll have to dig up, that has yet another head - one of Duke wearing the coonskin cap.

We deal in lead, friend.

I had totally forgotten the coonskin cap version! I'm going to have a look to see what I have too!:wink_smile:

We deal in lead, friend.

i'm pretty sure the original release half sheet, insert, and 3-sheet had the coonskin cap version (which I prefer). I guess on the reissue poster
    they wanted to make SURE everyone knew Duke was in it!

• Rhyming you say.
    We need to talk Ladyhawk! ;)

Always here for you, "DOO"! OK, I give up, you win, LOL! LH Glad you had some fun today.....you WORK too hard. Pictures..........? Promised last weekend? Loved your posters, etc., though. You surely have some nice ones! I will have some stills soon, as a JWMB person is sending me some, YES!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Always here for you, "DOO"! OK, I give up, you win, LOL! LH Glad you had some fun today.....you WORK too hard. Pictures..........? Promised last weekend? Loved your posters, etc., though. You surely have some nice ones! I will have some stills soon, as a JWMB person is sending me some, YES!

You'll be building your own collection in no time!

Got tons more to do its just posters take an age to unroll, hold down and photograph then roll back up.
    Sure wish u had decided to collect stills, lol!:wink_smile: