A slew of new War and Westner movies now out on DvD ;-))

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,284 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just got an advertisement email on this today. Anyone here who likes old War and Western movies, will like some of these. I tried clips of ach and they ALL look and sound good.

The War Movies:

This Land Is Mine which has "our lady" Maureen O'Hara. This one looks good and takes place in WWII.

Battle Zone w/ John Hodiak, Stephen McNally and Martin Milner. (This one looks really good to me and it takes place during the Korean War.

Triple Cross w/ Yul Brynner, Trevor Howard, Christopher Plummer and Gert Frobe. This one looks great and takes place in WWII.

Hiter w/ Richard Basehart. This one is good and Basehart looks great as Der Fuhrer.

The Westerns:

A 3-film collection of George O'Brian Westerns. They be:
    1) The Marshal of Mesa City. Ive seen this one and its goo.
    2) Legion of the lawless. Ive seen this one too and its good.
    3) Triple Justice. I dont recall this one.

Some ive been lon ging for and is a start at least:::::
    A 2 film William "Wild Bill" Elliott Westerns set. These be:
    1) Fargo. I havent seen this one but heard it was good.
    2) The Homesteaders. Saw previews on this one and it looks like a crackin hot great Western.

2 Wayne Morris Westerns. Iver never been a big fan of his due to only seeing him in two movies like: Paths of Glory--as the cowardly French Lieutenant and one where he was a Copper or a Mobster. Anyway, his movies be:
    1) The Marksman.
    2) The Fighting Lawman.

Im greatly looking forward to seeing all of these. Also, hoping that they will be releasing more Wild Bill Elliott Westerns soon.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• These are all releases from the Warner Archive Collection.

You can order them here: warnerarchive.com

I posted the artwork for This Land Is Mine in the Maureen O'Hara forum a few days ago.

The Warner Archive has stated on its facebook page they plan to release more Wild Bill in the future, too.

Edited once, last by Paula ().

• Thanks ma'am. Your correct, they are all WB Archives movies which are mostly all MoD titles. I get regular email updates from them telling me of special sells going on. ;-))

That certainly is great news hearing of more Wild Bill movies about to be released. The ones I mentioned above will be some im getting come Feb ;-))

• Of the four war movies, I've seen two of them. Saw Triple Cross years ago when it first came out. Not a bad movie, thought the cast was better than the movie itself. And just last year saw This Land Is Mine on TCM. Better than average movie and a great role for Charles Laughton.

And Carl, if you want to see a pretty good Wayne Morris western, watch for Bad Men Of Missouri. It has Morris, Dennis Morgan, and Arthur Kennedy as the Younger Brothers. LIke the Tyrone Power version of Jesse James, it makes the Youngers look pretty saintly, but a good action western just the same. And Jesse James is in it, but he kind of takes a back seat to the Youngers. Veteran character actor, Alan Baxter, plays Jesse.

• Thank you on all that Jim, and ill be more than glad to watch Bad men of Missouri. Im a Dennis Morgan and Arthur Kennedy fan too.

I always liked Charles Laughton and almost got him in: Abbott and Costello Meed Captain Kidd. The only reason I didnt get it--was because it was Nr 6 choice on a 5 for $45 movies sale going on.

• Ive more soon as time permits including more Jimmy Wakely, Joel McCrea, Robert Taylor and Randolph Scott Westerns. Ill try gettin them up here tomorrow or so.