Western Story

There are 108 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 26,719 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As it got dark, the two went into action. As they came upon the guard they ambushed him, and went beyond the boulders. It was dark, and very quiet, but they continued on. Then they came upon a faint light, and sounds coming from that area. Walsh said, we need to be very quiet, there might be other guards ahead."

As they got closer, they saw another comanchero guard. He seemed very drunk, but they didn't want to take any chance. They scoped around to see if anyone was around the guard. When the coast was clear, they rushed in and knocked that one in the head. Yates seemed to enjoy hitting this one. Walsh had to stop him from hitting him too loud. As Walsh grabbed Yates, he turned with a wild look in his eyes. "This is the one who scaped my sister, I want his head." whispered, Yates.

Walsh said, "This is not the fight we're here about, get yourself straight, we need to get to McWhiter."

Yates agreed and punched the comanchero in the side. It was obivious that he was dead, but it gave Yates a little pleasure. As they got closer to camp, there was a lot of commotion going on there. Walsh could see the camp and began to sweat. Yates saw Walsh, and asked, "What's going on?"

Walsh said, "...............

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "Wer're soon gonna find out"
    Below them the two men could see Iron Shirts camp or what was left of it. Wheras before the attack on Calamity Junction he could count on nearly two hundred mixed Comanchee and Comancheros he now numbered less than twenty. The remnents of his army were gathered around a huge fire in the middle of a clearing.
    Sitting next to Iron Shirt was McWhirter with a slimy greasy individual on McWhirters other side who Walsh recognised as El Lobo the leader of the Comancheros.
    "McWhirter didn't only bring rifles" said Yates.
    Walsh nodded in agreement.
    "It looks like the camp's blind drunk".
    Walsh looked closely at Iron shirt, the indian was sitting on some sort of wooden box.
    Suddenly Walsh turned to Yates.
    "Thats not a box he's sitting on, it's an old iron chest, and the way he's guarding it, I' bet a dollar to a cent I know whats in it."
    Loading their winchester and colts and taking plenty of ammunition the two men took up their firing positions.
    Yates smiled grimly.
    Around that fire they'll be sitting ducks we can take em all from here and raising his rifle to his shoulder he said,
    "Starting with Iron shirt, El Lobo and that dirty double crossing sidewinder McWhirter"
    Within a second both winchesters had spoken ................

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• In the mist of confusion as bullets ripped into there foes Walsh and Yates hadn't notice that Ellobo had somehow hidden from he massacre that took place as the two men came out from their hiding place and proceeded carefully into the camp they saw the carnage which lay in front of them. IronShirts body was smouldering on the fire while McWhirter lay there his eyes wide in disbelieve next to him was a half-empty bottle
    Suddenly from nowhere came an ear splitting scream, as Ellobo came running from the bushes holding a knife and tomahawk he threw the axe which…

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• hit Yates and buried itself in his leg. Yates let out a yell and spun round in time to see Walsh empty the contents of his colt into the onrushing El Lobo who was lifted bodily off the ground and thrown backwards by the impact.
    Ensuring that the only people left alive in the camp were Yate and himself he moved over to where his companion was reclineing against a rock.
    A quick inspectionof Yates wound revealed that it wasn't life threatening, and that he would recover.
    Applying a tournaquet and finding a make shift crutch, he helped Yates to his feet and together they approached the iron chest. Drawing his colt Walsh quickly shot of the padlock and slowly opened the chest to reveal the contents - GOLD!!
    A half filled chest of gold nuggets enough to make them rich beyond the dreams of averice.
    Picking up the half empty bottle of whiskey Walsh gave it to Yates, who took a massive swig before handing it back to Walsh who in turn took a large swig.
    "To us pardner".
    Walsh drained the bottle.
    "An to never having to punch cows any more".
    Then slowly loading the chest on to Mcwhirter's mule which they had found nearby.
    As the suns rays heralded the start of the new dawn the two comrades, all past secrets now forgotten or forgiven, set out on the return journey home and a new life of health, wealth and happiness.

THE END

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :wink_smile:

should I have said that the posts herein may not be seen by all as politically whatever

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi

Thats a rave from the grave.

I don't know about political it was just a western story written by some Americans Australians and a couple of Brits.

if everyone was that political perhaps the world might not be too bad.

For my part considering that i have never read western story in my life It was a bit of fun.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Arthur in terms of correctness I was making light reference to where the saloon girl kicks and receives a punch in return. It was not a serious critique. I think this and the other Western thread were both good reading. A fair bit of time went into them and I think the contributors have provided some entertaining posts. :thumbs_up:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Murray

Glad you liked it. I don't know what the real west was like it is not my sphere of expertise but from early films, westerns,gangsters and even comedy if the girl slapped the man he was expected to receive the hit and do nothing. Gradually this changed probaly starting with James Cagney rubbing a grapefuit in Mae Murrays face. Then in later pictures it was prominent the girl gets angry and slaps the hero who immediately retaliates slapping her back, the girls looks shocked end of scene.

I am not sure of the whys or wherefores of it perhaps it could make for a new subject or continue the debate on this one.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low